Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 but no Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received and installed V10 (2019.32.11) on my 2018 MS100D yesterday. I have AP2.5 with MCU1 and purchased FSD back in March. The release notes indicate that Spotify is included and can be selected from the Media menu but there is no option for Spotify showing in the Media menu - just Streaming (which is still Slacker) and TuneIn. I've seen screen shots of displays of other MS's and Spotify is showing to the right of the TuneIn icon. Rebooted several times. Tried full power off too. No luck. I've got Smart Summon, Joe Mode and other features mentioned in the release notes. No clue why Spotify isn't there.
IMG_4197.jpg

Thoughts?

We've received the update on three cars so far. Two of them have Spotify but the AP2/MCU1 Model S doesn't have it even though it was mentioned in the release notes. o_O
Wonder if there’s some server check-in and if it’s too busy it fails? One reason I recommended the power off/on. Not sure that works but the sporadic ‘no shows’ don’t make much sense. Spotify should be on all.

Wonder if there’s some server check-in and if it’s too busy it fails? One reason I recommended the power off/on. Not sure that works but the sporadic ‘no shows’ don’t make much sense. Spotify should be on all.
I've rebooted a couple of times since we've had some other weird issues as well. The climate control screen keeps opening and closing by itself and it keeps lowering the temperature for the front passenger. It also keeps lowering the radio volume. Hopefully powering off fully will fix those issues as well as the missing Spotify issue.

I've rebooted a couple of times since we've had some other weird issues as well. The climate control screen keeps opening and closing by itself and it keeps lowering the temperature for the front passenger. It also keeps lowering the radio volume. Hopefully powering off fully will fix those issues as well as the missing Spotify issue.
I powered off but still no Spotify the next time I drove the car. I'm not that concerned about it but will mention it to the Service Center next week.

So they are not really giving us Spotify like Slacker. Just the ability to use your own spotify account. What a sham! Kind of like buying a car with XM or Sirius and then realizing you've got to pay for it. Wish they had worked on getting thins they are giving us to work flawlessly.

Why wouldn't someone just use their phone with Spotify and stream it thru their blue tooth? Seems like a was it of time for a company that's in over it's head with tons of real problems. Oh well it is what it is. Hope it works for you guys (not a sarcastic dig)

Why wouldn't someone just use their phone with Spotify and stream it thru their blue tooth? Seems like a was it of time for a company that's in over it's head with tons of real problems. Oh well it is what it is. Hope it works for you guys (not a sarcastic dig)
Well, for one thing you can use voice commands to search for an artist/song/album on Spötify now. I was teetering on the verge of accepting an invitation to purchase Echo Auto for that reason and now I don’t need to have another peripheral junking up the car.

Reactions: obryan20
I just downloaded V10 on my model 3 and I’m having the same issue, no Spotify, no entertainment, I do have Smart summon, the new game, the new navigation options. So weird. I have rebooted the car, turned off and on, no luck. Will have to contact TESLA tomorrow I guess

So I spent about an hour on the phone with a very helpful person from Tesla support. He remotely accessed the car and consulted with engineers several times during the call. They couldn't figure out why Spotify wasn't there. They said they would be in touch via email within 5-7 business days. Waiting to hear back. In the meantime I got the 2019.32.11.1 update. Still no Spotify.