Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 but no Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days after updating, Spotify finally showed up on one of our cars (MCU1/AP2.5). It is still missing from two others (MCU1/AP2 and MCU2/AP3). The car that got it is on a different account.
Ok. I double-checked and it's possible it was in the other S all along but the main driver just couldn't find it until days later. :oops:
who cares about spotify? Give us updates to help us charge faster at sc and get more range from our batteries!
People posting in this thread which is specifically about Spotify. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Krash
Does someone has an update on this? Explanation from Tesla?

I updated to 32.11.1 last week on my P85DL and still no Spotify.... i have a few road trips soon and i would like Spotify to work...

I left a message to SC (lol, i know they will never call back)

We finally got Spotify to show up in our three vehicles that were missing it and other v10 features. The three cars that had the problem all had a special character in the name. We don't know if the special character was the problem but once we changed the name, Spotify showed up on the MCU1 AP2 S and Spotify, Caraoke and Tesla Theater all showed up on the Model 3s. Once these features showed up, we were able to change the name back and the features were still there.

For those of you having problems, do you have a special character in the car's name?

BTW, we did change the car name to something special. While it looked like Patsy squashed the bug, we don't know if that's what fixed it or if merely changing the name would've fixed it.

Well, for one thing you can use voice commands to search for an artist/song/album on Spötify now...
Hoping for a favor related to this. I am glad that Spotify fans get access. And glad that if you have v10 and no Spotify that changing the vehicle name might fix that. But if you have v10 and no Spotify yet, when you search for a song or artist does it play? Before the Spotify option it used to play, but for me it now just shows the song or artist and you have to press it on screen. It would be awesome if the song played.

Hoping for a favor related to this. I am glad that Spotify fans get access. And glad that if you have v10 and no Spotify that changing the vehicle name might fix that. But if you have v10 and no Spotify yet, when you search for a song or artist does it play? Before the Spotify option it used to play, but for me it now just shows the song or artist and you have to press it on screen. It would be awesome if the song played.

I've noticed the same behaviour with Spotify: voice search just brings up choices on the touchscreen. Interesting also is you can no longer search in Slacker; play Slacker, voice search and it shows results in Spotify; choose an option and Spotify is playing. Yet the screen still displays the Slacker stations.

What is also strange is when minimizing the Spotify display, while playing Spotify, it shows other radio stations from Tune in and Slacker at the top. Why?

I am finding it rather temperamental as well. Some days I cannot get it to play without buffering every 10 seconds, and other days I have played it without a single hiccup in a 5 hour drive. I thought it was because the mobile app is still open on the phone, but now I am not sure that was the problem. If I am having to revert to Slacker every second day because Spotify is not working I will probably not be paying the $10 a month. Hopefully they improve the reception. I can see why folks in Europe and down under were complaining about it so much.

I DO have a special character in the name. Weird. On the road but will fiddle with name when I get back in town. For those who have discovered this issue and changed their names to get Spotify, does Spotify go away if I change the name back?
Once Spotify shows up, you can change the name back and Spotify will still be there.

Reactions: Nikki's Dad