Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v10 dash and mcu crashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to check to see if anybody has been experiencing system crashes in their cars after the v10 upgrade?

So far I've been experiencing crashes every time when I use voice command to call somebody or when I try to access the phone section on the center console.

My specs:
2017 Model S
AP2
MCU1
Version: 2019.32.11.1

My 2014 Model S downloaded v10 last night, and this morning the center screen wouldn’t boot up properly. I rebooted using scroll wheels, still doesn’t work. Tesla support says I have to take it to a SC.

I found out that my MCU keeps crashing when I call somebody with an EMOJI symbol in their name. So looks like the newer version doesn't support that anymore. I used to have a heart icon next to my wife's name.

My MCU has been unstable a number of times since V10 in my MCU2 S. I don't make calls on it but I've had it lock up a couple times while the car sits idle, stop updating GPS twice, not bringing the dash screen on without pressing the break a few times, and the speakers pop a lot when it's waking up. All new behavior to V10.

They have been releasing many updates so I expect much of it will be ironed out but only time will tell.