Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 download blocked at ~50%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody,

I have a 3 SR+ in Canada with Advanced Software Update and I got the prompt to download V10 this week.

I have super existed, parked my car at the nearest spot of my WiFi and waited. It downloaded about 50% before stopping. I thought that it was processing something, so I left my car there for the night.

In the morning, the download was at the same place. It's been about 3 days now and it's still at the same place. I'm guessing that the download crashed?

I tried rebooting the MCU, setting the Software Update to Basic, rebooting some more, but still nothing. The only thing I didn't test is doing a factory reset, but I'm not sure I want to do that.

Is there anybody else with that problem? Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance.

I just got the Model X V10 update (2019.32.12.2 58f3b76) last night. I had an initial problem with a download stopping but when I restated it there was a box that popped up on my mobile that said to turn off sentry mode before installing the update. I did and everything went smoothly after that except that it took considerably longer than the 25 minutes stated.

Update - strangely, my car was acting normal today and center screen had no glitches. Service center tech called me this afternoon and said that they would push me the newer, just-released software version to see if it fixes the problem. He didn't think it was the eMMC.

Downloading the update as I'm typing, so keeping fingers crossed.