Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 first impressions and bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes but notice how when you drive past another parked car, it shows up well after you’ve passed it.
Self driving is a long way off.
Not exactly.
The primary focus the driver display isn't to give a perfectly accurate view of whats around you and what autopilot sees, its probably the last thing on the list that a developer should do while developing self driving technology. Why should a car focus on spending resources sending it to something that isn't needed for usability of said self driving?

We have seen videos of a development Tesla driving around and how it scans vehicles, road signs and various other objects and it does it much faster than on the driver display.

This one here is quite good

He has a selection of other videos on his channel of autopilot working and they are very interesting, highly recommend you check them out. The video of what autopilot actually sees is chalk and cheese to what the driver display is telling you. Also keep in mind the video is from 2018 and AI is constantly changing and improving, especially on Teslas part, he also might not even have AP3 or the FSD chip.

The driver display is there to look good (and it does) however it does not directly represent what is happening behind the scenes.

Things I've noticed since V10 got installed, not mentioned in this thread.

- Utes show as such, no longer showing as a van

Spotify has become a bit buggy, twice today it stopped after I did a rewind, showing a loading icon. Only way to get Spotify to play again was a soft reset.

Reactions: sauhsoj

Spotify has become a bit buggy, twice today it stopped after I did a rewind, showing a loading icon. Only way to get Spotify to play again was a soft reset.
Proof that Tesla getting serious about the Australian rollout. :p
Hopefully those Spotify bugs get ironed out.

the Spotify issue for me existed even before V10. If I got out of the car and later came back in Spotify never resumed. It would just keep spinning. Even clicking other songs wouldn’t work. Had to go play eg radio then later come back and try again.

V10 on P90DL with AP1and MCU1, works very well.

AP works like it should, no issues at all.
Spotify did have a brain fart moment, but a reset fixed it.
No loss in range.
Maps work without any issues.
Auto headlight seems to be working better.
As mentioned previously, no Video options (which I am lead to believe a box can be purchased that will allow you to have the screen mirror your smartphone, and hence getting rid of this issue).

If only we could get AP1 to recognise traffic lights, and street signs the older Teslas would be perfect still.

• Informative
I don't seem to have received the whole update for v10. No spotify, No theater. Can I get Tesla support to re-push out the update?
I have tried powering off an restarting it.

How old is your car? Cars with MCU1 can’t (yet?) use the theatre features.

Also, validate which version you have installed. 2019.32.10.x or higher is V10. (2019.32.11.1 is latest)

If you have 2019.32.2.x or earlier, its V9.

V10 on P90DL with AP1and MCU1, works very well.

AP works like it should, no issues at all.
Spotify did have a brain fart moment, but a reset fixed it.
As mentioned previously, no Video options (which I am lead to believe a box can be purchased that will allow you to have the screen mirror your smartphone, and hence getting rid of this issue).

What is this magical box you speak of? Sounds great!

How can I force the issue on update?
My Model 3P+ is on the ancient 2019.15.106.1 firmware.
It has good wifi signal in carport, and update preference is set to 'advanced'.. Any other tricks? Thanks

Hmmm, try forgetting the network and then trying to reconnect. It might be weird but I've heard a few claims that doing that fixed it.
Why I'm not sure. I'm thinking its something to do with wrong DNS, napalm, whatever.
Have you tried hotspotting your phone, plugging in your car and just leaving it there?

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisJA
Hmmm, try forgetting the network and then trying to reconnect. It might be weird but I've heard a few claims that doing that fixed it.
Why I'm not sure. I'm thinking its something to do with wrong DNS, napalm, whatever.
Have you tried hotspotting your phone, plugging in your car and just leaving it there?
Facing toward Freemont...

How old is your car? Cars with MCU1 can’t (yet?) use the theatre features.

Also, validate which version you have installed. 2019.32.10.x or higher is V10. (2019.32.11.1 is latest)

If you have 2019.32.2.x or earlier, its V9.

I have a model 3 (only new) so am assuming it has at latest mcu and I have 2019.32.11.1.

And it seems like I'm the only one with this car and version that isn't watching YouTube while charging..... (first world problems)

Hi lads,
slightly out of topic. I got my Model 3 long range delivered just 3 days after sw v10 release date (26/9). It came with sw v9 and has of today I haven't got the software update? can anyone shed some light on this please?.
ps: Tesla customer service is useless LOL