Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 first impressions and bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

With my new P3- FSD upgraded to V10, I've now done a few short trips and have a few things to note:

Bugs/Issues:
* My USB music (.flac files) gave a loading error. They worked before the upgrade. (Haven't tried to diagnose/fix yet)
* Summon refused to activate - said I needed to be closer to the vehicle. I was right next to the vehicle. Tried standing in a a few places and gave up and drove into the tight garage. Suspect the distance from vehicle is a jurisdiction specific feature for Australia that didn't get tested well.
* My drivers window was down when I left the car. It was up when I was driving. It seemed to have activated Vent mode on me. Clicking the Vent button next to Lock in the app resolved. I'll keep an eye out for repetition vs user error. :)

Awesomeness:
* Autopilot was driving really well - including smoothly slowing down when someone U-Turned in front of me, and handled some centre islands in the roads nicely.
* Netflix "just worked". Novelty, but still good :)
* Upgrade experience was good - notified me when starting/stopping, and took the amount of time that it said it would take.
* Looks like some new safety features in the autopilot/driving section that I hadn't noticed previously
* Parked behind an identical Midnight Silver P3- in a random side street today. Wasn't expecting to see many others around.
* Parked behind a yellow Lamborghini with 2 giant exhausts (Parked on a street!), and thought that I'm happy I've got the Tesla.

Hi,

With my new P3- FSD upgraded to V10, I've now done a few short trips and have a few things to note:

Bugs/Issues:
* My USB music (.flac files) gave a loading error. They worked before the upgrade. (Haven't tried to diagnose/fix yet)
* Summon refused to activate - said I needed to be closer to the vehicle. I was right next to the vehicle. Tried standing in a a few places and gave up and drove into the tight garage. Suspect the distance from vehicle is a jurisdiction specific feature for Australia that didn't get tested well.
* My drivers window was down when I left the car. It was up when I was driving. It seemed to have activated Vent mode on me. Clicking the Vent button next to Lock in the app resolved. I'll keep an eye out for repetition vs user error. :)

Awesomeness:
* Autopilot was driving really well - including smoothly slowing down when someone U-Turned in front of me, and handled some centre islands in the roads nicely.
* Netflix "just worked". Novelty, but still good :)
* Upgrade experience was good - notified me when starting/stopping, and took the amount of time that it said it would take.
* Looks like some new safety features in the autopilot/driving section that I hadn't noticed previously
* Parked behind an identical Midnight Silver P3- in a random side street today. Wasn't expecting to see many others around.
* Parked behind a yellow Lamborghini with 2 giant exhausts (Parked on a street!), and thought that I'm happy I've got the Tesla.

I can get summon to work when I stand to the side of the car with V10. I do need to be quite close - a meter or so.

Summon refused to activate - said I needed to be closer to the vehicle. I was right next to the vehicle. Tried standing in a a few places and gave up and drove into the tight garage. Suspect the distance from vehicle is a jurisdiction specific feature for Australia that didn't get tested well.

Not sure about the 3 but in the S if the battery in the fob is low you can put at the back of the console in the car and you can summon from anywhere.

The Lamborghini I parked behind. Happy with my zippy, comfortable and clean Tesla.
151651F8-324F-4513-90A7-A393169490BA.jpeg

Not sure about the 3 but in the S if the battery in the fob is low you can put at the back of the console in the car and you can summon from anywhere.
Also works well if you place the key fob on either wiper blade, toward the centre of the car. Summon in Australia has always been reliable except for when you either need it or showing it off, in which case it rarely works.

I'm still on a 2018.12 Maps version. Anyone on a newer maps?

Software version is now 2019.32.11.1, nav version is AU-2019-24-10589.

Enjoying the quicker takeoff from standstill in TACC and AP! No need / less need to keep hurrying it up with the accelerator.

Also the smoother braking when approaching a car stopped at traffic lights.

Reactions: OzVic and sauhsoj
Cool. I look forward to trying it. Does it pickup a bit quicker from the lights when in autopilot?
It does appear to pickup quicker, and slow down smoother. The slow down feels natural. I also noticed when at higher speeds that it left more distance to the car infront than at slower speeds - not sure if this is new, or I just didn't notice it previously.

The only niggle i've had is where a lane split into 2 lanes (lane added to the left at traffic lights), and the car stuck to the middle of the split, until it saw the new line ahead and decided to go into the right-hand of the 2 lanes in a jerky "oh, I should be over there" motion.