Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 fw version 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Netflix is awesome! Enhanced summon is fun but a bit rough around the edges. It feels like I just got a whole new car again, and I just got this car yesterday.

I do wonder if they forgot to think about night testing. But my guess is they built it out to be fairly confident the chance of damage or injury is low. And will use data to iterate. Although there’s not feedback like with AP so I’m curious how it’ll go.

Reactions: APotatoGod
"Hey, I got this. You reserve the table."

9-26-2019 11-20-56 PM.png

Bandit thinks this whole thing is delicious!

20190918_184641.jpg
!

Although there’s not feedback like with AP so I’m curious how it’ll go.
I'd be willing to be there *is* feedback. I bet Elon's NN team is eagerly awaiting cars reporting back to the mother ship with all of their Smart Summon adventures.

It's really fun to watch all of the Smart Summon videos that have been posted, seeing those poor cars struggle their way around, trying to find their owners. And while we're all having a good laugh today, we'll be looking back on this in five years thinking, "remember when Smart Summon was new? It was like watching a dog learn to drive" as you press a button and your car confidently zips around the parking lot to pick you up.

Just installed v10. Let the Summoning commence. Between games of Cuphead, of course.

Last edited:
For what it is, I think it's a fantastic start. And absolutely it's a very difficult problem, I wouldn't be surprised if it was orders of magnitude harder than what autopilot currently provides.

I'm cross posting this here. The author is referring to Smart Summon. IMO, it's really important for people to realize exactly how hard this problem is to solve. Hard. Hard, hard, hard. The fact that this works at all is truly remarkable.

Keep that in mind as you laugh at your car today. ;)

I'm cross posting this here. The author is referring to Smart Summon. IMO, it's really important for people to realize exactly how hard this problem is to solve. Hard. Hard, hard, hard. The fact that this works at all is truly remarkable.

Keep that in mind as you laugh at your car today. ;)

Received v10 at 11pm last night in Michigan.... The breaking in autopilot when unexpected people cut you off is wayyyy better.

More importantly..... Spotify isn't showing up in media for me, anybody else having this issue??!!

I wonder if the "Earlier Testers" have a kind of NDA exclusivity close?

I was reading about someone on the Tesla Forum whose released was rolled back to V9 after making some comments?

Can you mention the Android App version?

The current Android is 3.9.1 (2019 08 22)
Yes, for the EAP there is a NDA to not post on social media pictures and/or videos, etc. If caught violating this NDA, you can and will be kicked off the EAP.

I got the update last night while installing a door seal kit. Couple thoughts...
Netflix:
Video playback is choppy, which is a bummer as I thought this would be a nice feature, the sounds is good, and the slow dimming of the lights when you turn on theater mode is a real nice touch. Bummer the video is choppy. Might be better off watching movies on my phone...It's not serverly choppy, just enough to make watching unpleasant. Certainly more of a decoder issue, so perhaps in the future it will be fixable.

Did not test Hulu or netflix yet.

The homelink button appears on the summon screen, last night before bed I was trying to show my wife the summon screen, guess I accidentally hit the button when trying to close the tesa app. Ended up leaving the garage door open all night. I really think it needs an "are you sure dialog" for this sort of thing, although I will be honest and tell you as a software developer they drive me crazy, this is a good use case for one. It has and extra step on the controls screen on my wifes phone, so why not on the summon screen too?

Now here is where it gets interesting.

There is no new phone app available for Android 10. So I don't get any new features on my phone until Tesla releases the app for the newest version of android. Wife has android 8 on her older phone, so I was able to see the difference in in the new app and the old one.

I got the update last night while installing a door seal kit. Couple thoughts...
Netflix:
Video playback is choppy, which is a bummer as I thought this would be a nice feature, the sounds is good, and the slow dimming of the lights when you turn on theater mode is a real nice touch. Bummer the video is choppy. Might be better off watching movies on my phone...It's not serverly choppy, just enough to make watching unpleasant. Certainly more of a decoder issue, so perhaps in the future it will be fixable.

Did not test Hulu or netflix yet.

There is no new phone app available for Android 10. So I don't get any new features on my phone until Tesla releases the app for the newest version of android. Wife has android 8 on her older phone, so I was able to see the difference in in the new app and the old one.

Interesting.....

I don't exhibit any issues with the playback on Netflix/Hulu/Youtube.... The only issues I have is watch video in the browser for some sites.... Plex/Youtube Tv all worked pretty smooth.

As for the android app.... I had to force it last night as I wasn't getting any update shown...

I had to go to the opening splash page and type in tesla...

When it showed in the searches, I had to select it (hitting the icon, not open).... When the app page opened, it showed up as needing an update... Not sure if that will work for ya... but it did for me... So, it's out there...