Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 fw version 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
holding at 4 as many suggest and resting the weight of my arm will disengage autopilot. Also at those positions it is quite uncomfortable position for my arm to remain for much time. Most comfortable is to hold it near my lap but that requires a concerted wrist torque to sustain so i end up just nudging it periodically which is a hassle. Sometimes it still complains even when nudging it often.

I have my steering set to sport. I wonder if that would make it more difficult to disengage AP since the steering itself is stiffer.

awesome thanks. I live in a condo and parking is pretty fat from building. Any way to download this by hot spotting from my phone?
That’s gonna be really hard as I assume you don’t want to leave your phone and hotspot on in your car until Tesla tries to push the release, which can take days. You’ll eventually get a 4g push ota, but it’ll take a while. Its always cool to get the updates, but it’s rarely impactful to your basic transportation needs, so maybe don’t sweat the wait if you can’t find WiFi.

random question: my last two software updates, done at home with wifi connection, have left me with no wifi connection for up to two days at a time once the update has completed...has anyone else experienced this? I get no traffic data nor any streaming capabilities, and I am unaware of a fix other than waiting until it decides to work again.

random question: my last two software updates, done at home with wifi connection, have left me with no wifi connection for up to two days at a time once the update has completed...has anyone else experienced this? I get no traffic data nor any streaming capabilities, and I am unaware of a fix other than waiting until it decides to work again.

I have not heard of that exactly. Sometimes mine drops but only because my WiFi router is quite a ways away from the vehicle. Does your network show when you tap the signal symbol? Could you try deleting the connection and add it again?

That’s gonna be really hard as I assume you don’t want to leave your phone and hotspot on in your car until Tesla tries to push the release, which can take days. You’ll eventually get a 4g push ota, but it’ll take a while. Its always cool to get the updates, but it’s rarely impactful to your basic transportation needs, so maybe don’t sweat the wait if you can’t find WiFi.

No need to leave the phone anymore. The car will notify you when there is an update ready to download at which point you can turn on the hotspot - depending on the download speed and size of the download, it could take some time to download but we are talking under an hour, not days.

Is it WiFi or cellular connection? For WiFi, try turning WiFi off and on again. Have you tried rebooting (either two button reboot or Power Off)?

No need to leave the phone anymore. The car will notify you when there is an update ready to download at which point you can turn on the hotspot - depending on the download speed and size of the download, it could take some time to download but we are talking under an hour, not days.

I thought the phone would only notify once it has been downloaded to the car and waiting for install. Unless this is different with V10.

I’m more worried now. Seems like owners with wifi access are the priority. Do they have wifis at supercharging stations? I’m getting antsy

I have an unlimited data plan. Will that work?

I already received this on my app inbox on the 30th but still nothing that allows me to start downloading
9B46C822-F086-4140-B933-B99BFF7B9A2A.png

I thought the phone would only notify once it has been downloaded to the car and waiting for install. Unless this is different with V10.

With V10, now the phone will also notify you there is an update to download, however, it has been available through the center screen for some time now (was already available on 2019.16). Touch Controls > Software, where a "New Update Available" window appears if your vehicle detects a new software update. I believe the top corner of the screen will also show a down pointing amber arrow when the car has an update waiting to download.

EAsZmtMXUAAusf8.jpg

(The picture I found is for navigation but similar picture for software updates)

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Disagree. This morning (120 plus miles) I had several nags while BOTH hands were on the wheel at 9-3. This pretty much happens daily.

You will get nags with both hands on the wheel. You need to unbalance your hold so that it applies a little constant torque on the wheel.

If 4 o'clock is enough to break through the resistance and disengage AP, try 5 o'clock or anywhere between 6 and 3 (or 6 and 9).

I’m more worried now. Seems like owners with wifi access are the priority. Do they have wifis at supercharging stations? I’m getting antsy
Not yet, though that is the long term plan. If you have a Tesla service center nearby, they do. Others who live off the LtE coverage will need to say how delayed updates really are. Personally i use a range extender to my detached garage and it works well.

Disagree. This morning (120 plus miles) I had several nags while BOTH hands were on the wheel at 9-3. This pretty much happens daily.
Yeah the annoying thing with the AP nag is that if you drive properly and have a balanced 3 and 9 hold on the wheel, it won't detect your hands since there is no torque on the wheel and acts like you aren't touching it. Because of this I've adopted a very poor driving habit when using AP of only using one hand lazily rested at the 5 position. This works very well, but isn't so great if you want good control of the vehicle.

Yeah the annoying thing with the AP nag is that if you drive properly and have a balanced 3 and 9 hold on the wheel, it won't detect your hands since there is no torque on the wheel and acts like you aren't touching it. Because of this I've adopted a very poor driving habit when using AP of only using one hand lazily rested at the 5 position. This works very well, but isn't so great if you want good control of the vehicle.

for the same reason some heart surgeons take a shot of whiskey before performing a procedure ;)