Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question regarding sending video s to the Tesla Theater:
From the release note: "you can also send videos to play in the Tesla Theater for supported theater sources by sharing the video link with the Tesla mobile app."

I share some videos from YouTube on my phone, it showed successful, but nothing happens on Tesla Theater. Anyone did it successfully?

I also tested this and could not make it work.

That exact game looks fine in my car, windowed and full screen, no flickers.

Hah. Shows what I know. A reboot fixed it. So I guess if...uh...your green is flickering....just reboot.

Move along, nothing to see (I guess a reference point for whomever else this affects).

Still drops frames, though. Many/most won’t notice. I’m hyper sensitive to it.

Cheers!

Reactions: MP3Mike
Installed it two hours ago. Played with Spotify and what a blast!!! I don't know if it is Spotify, or the update changed something with the codec, but the sound is so much better!!!

I immediately took a premium account and canceled the Slacker and Apple Music subscription. Really love Spotify so far. Huge collection, great interface and did I mention the sound?
With Spotify I wonder if we hear any negatives as not being Apple Car Play in the Tesla. This set-up now is great!

Having MCU1 I don't have YouTube etc, but that is OK. I also don't have Smart Summons but I expect that to come later. NoA was also geofenced in Canada before Canadian authorities allowed Tesla to release it. I expect the same with this feature.

Only took it for a short drive. Could see the new interface with the lines on the road and oncoming traffic. That was cool. Do some further testing tomorrow. Spotify is amazing!

Just finished a 360 mile day trip. Wow. Wow. As other have said NOA is much better. lane changes work way better. More decisive.

On our route still some confusion about lanes to follow. seems like a map problem.

And Netflix is awesome.

Tried Smart summon and it is kind of amazing. feels like early feature but impressive!

I just tried out the Summon feature and my driveway is on a slight incline. My M3 did make its way out of the garage and up to the start of the hill. It slowly attempted to get up the incline and then began to roll backward! o_O It stopped and braked. Soooo, I guess Smart Summon doesn't work in hilly locations.

Try turning on creep mode. Yes its called creep mode.

However, when I was on 395 N and only going in a straight line things got interesting. AP disengaged and I received a warning to take over driving immediately. I tried re-engaging AP and got the warning - "Cruise not available - Reduced front radar visibility" and "Autosteer temporarily unavailable". The car would no longer stay inside the lanes. After a few minutes - I was able to re-engage auto pilot, but then I received a warning to the affect that the sensors were not working properly and if this continues to contact Tesla.

When AP says to take over immediately, I think it means that the process crashed. I have had that happen twice on my HW 2.0 with version 9. When the system resets, it then is available a couple minutes later.

Hopefully with HW 3, it will be redundant and less likely to crash.

• Informative
Reactions: xxxholic
I have a question regarding sending video s to the Tesla Theater:
From the release note: "you can also send videos to play in the Tesla Theater for supported theater sources by sharing the video link with the Tesla mobile app."

I share some videos from YouTube on my phone, it showed successful, but nothing happens on Tesla Theater. Anyone did it successfully?

Do you have Tesla Theater available to you within the car? If not, you may have MCU1.