Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been playing around with summon in a private setting and I had to force close the iOS Tesla app to get it to work well. Before I did that it would have trouble connecting or just randomly act flakey. So my issues were app side and not server side.
It would be nice if they allowed wifi to wifi connectivity for when you are in areas with no cellular connectivity.

When AP says to take over immediately, I think it means that the process crashed. I have had that happen twice on my HW 2.0 with version 9. When the system resets, it then is available a couple minutes later.

Hopefully with HW 3, it will be redundant and less likely to crash.

That's good to note. I think I am on HW 3.0 since my car was manufactured in 7.2019 and I took delivery 8.2019. I am curious to see what the service center has to say about the sensors. I was still acting wonky this morning.

Just finished a 360 mile day trip. Wow. Wow. As other have said NOA is much better. lane changes work way better. More decisive.

Tried Smart summon and it is kind of amazing. feels like early feature but impressive!

NoA and autopilot were noticeably improved this morning for me as well (installed v10 early this morning while I was at the gym). Specifically, I noticed...

1. NoA made turns into and out of the passing lane at the appropriate time so the car didn't have to change speed. Previously the change lane suggestion wouldn't come on until the car begin slowing due to a car infront of me.
2. In traffic, autopilot would begin accelerating more quickly and did a better job at matching the lead car's speed
3. The visualizations with the dashed and double center line were a welcome visual improvement

NoA and autopilot were noticeably improved this morning for me as well (installed v10 early this morning while I was at the gym). Specifically, I noticed...

1. NoA made turns into and out of the passing lane at the appropriate time so the car didn't have to change speed. Previously the change lane suggestion wouldn't come on until the car begin slowing due to a car infront of me.
2. In traffic, autopilot would begin accelerating more quickly and did a better job at matching the lead car's speed
3. The visualizations with the dashed and double center line were a welcome visual improvement

I also noticed NOA can handle cloverleaf circle on ramps better. Impressive update.

Reactions: outdoors
So far....

TESLA THEATER -
All features has worked almost perfectly.... Netflix/Youtube/Hulu all have worked as designed... Now that I have learned how to get Browser Video full screen, that works pretty good with a few issues. These issues being some stuttering, but it depends on the site. I have my Plex server working also and it has been flawless.... I have notice some audio popping, I assume it might be a codec issue. This feature has made my SC stops fly by....

SMART SUMMON - As I was a TEAP, I have seen this ability get better with time.... and it will keep getting better.... But you must be aware of your surrounding when using it.... It works pretty solid for me in a variety of lots and locations... It ain't perfect.... Very troubling seeing videos of owners using this feature in areas and situations I would never try it... Here is hoping that people will use a little bit more common sense when using this feature. Would hate to see Tesla pull this back because owners can't be responsible.

KARAOKE - Works as designed... Selection is excellent..... Wish we could use this on a drive.

SPOTIFY - Was very happy to see this included.... I'm a premium account holder and love the fact that I now have this.... My biggest complaint is that I can't use it for podcasts.... So, I guess I will still have to use TuneIn for those... Also wish the interface was more solid... Hate having to use the desktop interface to set up playlists.... But I can live with that....

CUPHEAD - Plays as designed... Love the 60FPS rate... Super smooth and fun.... Haven't attempted connecting 2 controllers yet... But the one player (XBOX ONE controller wired) works perfectly.

NOA - This is certainly the most solid update so far..... The changing of lanes and pacing is 100% better than before.... I have used this in major traffic and it has always found a spot to move to without the brake slam or abrupt slowdown. It's been very smooth on exiting where I use to have issues. This version has gotten so much better that I have now switched off the chime or vibration notifier. Also the change from interstate to interstate ramp changes have been perfect for me...

JOE MODE - Worked as design.... I have it active...

SENTRY MODE - Rear view has been added and works... I have checked all camera footage for the last few days and it's all there and clean.

LUCK & HUNGRY - Haven't use these yet....

So far....

TESLA THEATER -
All features has worked almost perfectly.... Netflix/Youtube/Hulu all have worked as designed... Now that I have learned how to get Browser Video full screen, that works pretty good with a few issues. These issues being some stuttering, but it depends on the site. I have my Plex server working also and it has been flawless.... I have notice some audio popping, I assume it might be a codec issue. This feature has made my SC stops fly by....

SMART SUMMON - As I was a TEAP, I have seen this ability get better with time.... and it will keep getting better.... But you must be aware of your surrounding when using it.... It works pretty solid for me in a variety of lots and locations... It ain't perfect.... Very troubling seeing videos of owners using this feature in areas and situations I would never try it... Here is hoping that people will use a little bit more common sense when using this feature. Would hate to see Tesla pull this back because owners can't be responsible.

KARAOKE - Works as designed... Selection is excellent..... Wish we could use this on a drive.

SPOTIFY - Was very happy to see this included.... I'm a premium account holder and love the fact that I now have this.... My biggest complaint is that I can't use it for podcasts.... So, I guess I will still have to use TuneIn for those... Also wish the interface was more solid... Hate having to use the desktop interface to set up playlists.... But I can live with that....

CUPHEAD - Plays as designed... Love the 60FPS rate... Super smooth and fun.... Haven't attempted connecting 2 controllers yet... But the one player (XBOX ONE controller wired) works perfectly.

NOA - This is certainly the most solid update so far..... The changing of lanes and pacing is 100% better than before.... I have used this in major traffic and it has always found a spot to move to without the brake slam or abrupt slowdown. It's been very smooth on exiting where I use to have issues. This version has gotten so much better that I have now switched off the chime or vibration notifier. Also the change from interstate to interstate ramp changes have been perfect for me...

JOE MODE - Worked as design.... I have it active...

SENTRY MODE - Rear view has been added and works... I have checked all camera footage for the last few days and it's all there and clean.

LUCK & HUNGRY - Haven't use these yet....

Thanks for the impressions! Just to let you know that Caraoke is actually fully functional while driving.

Do you have a list of location types where it works consistently well, and conversely, a list of location types where it should absolutely not be used? It would be helpful if Tesla provided this upon wide release..

ppl with v10. How does the Bluetooth playlist access? I know album art is there now which is great but I saw some ppl say that there is access to bluetooth files via the UI. Curious how that worked

I have v10 and with Bluetooth music streaming you DON'T have access to your library via the Tesla UI.

Music browsing only works with USB drive when plugged in.

I will have to try again, but on my first try while driving, only the music played - no words displayed.

Try it again! Definitely works! Excuse the blurry picture.
C1FE3BE9-68C7-4C24-B660-8915A9B5128F.jpeg

Overall lane changing is still too tame for aggressive city drivers. My NOA detected it needed to move over to take an offramp, and it turned on the signals just as a bunch of cars blocked the lane change. I then had to wait 10-15 secs for those cars to overtake me before the car moved over. That's fine, but sitting in the same lane with the blinker on all that time just invites more people to prevent you from moving over. The car shouldn't engage the blinkers until it detects an opening. And then it needs to quickly and assertively move over. Without braking where possible.
I would politely disagree. Traditionally, I tended to drive that way: not signaling until I spotted my opportunity to actually move. But my wife retrained me: “turn on your indicators so people know you’re trying to get over.” And she was right! There is likely to be some courteous driver in that seemingly impenetrable lane of cars that will back off a bit to create a gap for me to move into. Obviously, not everyone will respond that way, but you only need one. And this seems to have worked well for me with NOA too.