Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First impression of Smart Summon is that it’s amazing. I’ve only had the chance to play with it in a mostly empty dark parking lot, but after an initial moment of horror when I didn’t trust that it would a avoid a random black truck that I was using as an obstacle, all I can say is I’m impressed. It’s much faster than I expected (maybe good to have low expectations?). You definitely get a giddy childish rush watching your car cruise around with nobody in it. The office parking lot is going to be a hot tomorrow.

Just in case, before anything, don't forget to do the traditional clean start
1) Download and install the latest update for your phone's Tesla App
2) Reboot screen computer (hold both scroll wheels at once, wait for Tesla logo to appear)
3) Reboot main by setting phone to Airplane mode, power off car, sit still 3 minutes, tap brake to wake.

D4039650-4824-431E-8752-9D9EB80E8168.png

Last edited:
Does the Android App have to be 3.10 as well to get all the goodies?
Google Play Store only shows 3.9.1-378 updated Aug 22. And I'm
missing a lot of features.

Any Android users who found a newer TESLA APP than 3.9.1 ?

p.s. Playing Youtube music videos and bumping the quality up to 1080p
(I'm not sure if 720p gives you the same top audio bandwidth, 1080 does)
the sound in the Premium cabin is ... wow, kicka$$.

People who got Partial Premium, yall, I'd be looking at something like this.
$130. It has a 12" speaker, a class D (digital) amp and enclosure. Can be
positioned and wired many different ways, including tapping onto any of
the existing bass speakers in the doors. You don't really need a 1000 amp
ghetto grinder to fill out the Mod 3 bass. The manual is here. I'd try a
Pioneer subsystem over a $100 Rockville or other Chinese brand any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: usavincent

I have 3.10.0 Dated Sep 23, 2019

Perhaps check the Play Store for updates.

I don't have the new software on the car, so I can't tell you about the goodies.

Yes.... It is in the Google app store...

I got it last night..... But, I had to type Tesla in the search bar for it....

Once I brought it up that way, it showed the update....

Didn't show it the normal way of just asking for updated apps...

Sure this will get fixed this afternoon.

Iphone? For some reason Apple had not notified my phone of the update (which came out two days ago). In the App Store if you search for Tesla, it’ll give you the update option.
Thanks. I tried the update option, but no luck. I’ll delete the app and try downloading it again.

Initial v10.0 Impressions/Notables:

1. Netflix/Theater/YouTube: While I'm most interested in driving/AP improvements, rather than games and video, I found these features well implemented. Framerates are good and sound is "immersive". I would score this one high.
2. Cuphead/Other games: I was surprised that Cuphead framerate appears to be running at 60fps, and not 30fps. I also found that my gamepad controller works perfectly with it, but not BB2 or some Teslatari games. Similar to above, I'm not interested in the games, per say, but would say the Cuphead port was well executed, technically speaking...
3. Joe Mode: This was the first thing I turned on. 'nuff said.
4. Caraoki: Not interested, personally, but it seems playlist deep and well implemented.
5. Smart Summon: Haven't tried it yet. Probably will wait a while....
6. Map improvements: I like these improvements and consider this a driving aid improvement that I value.
7. Web browser: Not talked about much, but being to play embedded YouTube videos in the browser is a plus for me. Browser seems a bit faster and less buggy as well.
8. Visualizations: Haven't taken it out on the road yet to test these or other AP changes.
9. iOS 13.1 Tesla App (v3.10): All good. Starting to have many of the features my Lexus IS350 Fsport had.
10. Echo Auto integration: It seems all prior bugs, between Tesla, Apple and Amazon have been worked out with iOS 13.1 and Tesla v10. I like having this box for SiriusXM access, as well as for other voice assistance tasks
11. Stability: No random UI reboots, just yet

Will add more via Edit as time permits.

Iphone? For some reason Apple had not notified my phone of the update (which came out two days ago). In the App Store if you search for Tesla, it’ll give you the update option.
You’re right. I went into the App Store, found the Tesla app, and it indicated there was an update available two days ago. I thought it would have updated automatically . I installed it and now it shows as V3.10.0

Reactions: PrGrPa