Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Spotify premium is required...

Does it also have better sound quality running through the car’s system?

Does it sound better than Slacker?

With the better Bitrate, does it use Tesla’s data plan to stream Spotify premium? With an ever extending fleet, that’s a lot of data!

If Spotify premium is required...

Does it also have better sound quality running through the car’s system?

Does it sound better than Slacker?

With the better Bitrate, does it use Tesla’s data plan to stream Spotify premium? With an ever extending fleet, that’s a lot of data!
Yes it sounds better than slacker to me. Left my other thoughts in the thread in the UI subforum. Biggest bummer is no support for Android 10.

I’m actually most excited for the visualization changes.... from watching a video on YT, it’s like having a view from a drone following your car... to me this is the most important update to V10 because it’s the beginning of FSD... FSD wouldn’t be possible if the car couldn’t pick up and render oncoming traffic in real time, and from what I’ve seen this is a huge step in progress... you can zoom way out and see oncoming traffic, multiple lanes, double yellows lane markings, turning lanes both in your direction of travel as well as oncoming traffic... this update is incredible, the progress they’ve made from last year when I couldn’t even see if my car had its blinkers on is amazing! Anyone who had their car before V9 knows what I’m talking about...

I’m actually most excited for the visualization changes.... from watching a video on YT, it’s like having a view from a drone following your car... to me this is the most important update to V10 because it’s the beginning of FSD... FSD wouldn’t be possible if the car couldn’t pick up and render oncoming traffic in real time, and from what I’ve seen this is a huge step in progress... you can zoom way out and see oncoming traffic, multiple lanes, double yellows lane markings, turning lanes both in your direction of travel as well as oncoming traffic... this update is incredible, the progress they’ve made from last year when I couldn’t even see if my car had its blinkers on is amazing! Anyone who had their car before V9 knows what I’m talking about...

Reminds me of my kid. "Ohhhhh yeah, you couldn't even do that a year ago!" It's easy to forget how far things have come, and also hard to imagine one day where they'll go.

Reminds me of my kid. "Ohhhhh yeah, you couldn't even do that a year ago!" It's easy to forget how far things have come, and also hard to imagine one day where they'll go.

Just think, 1 year ago, no Sentry, no Dashcam, no Arcade, no NOA, no PIN to Drive, no V3 SCs, AP was a glorified TACC, no lane changes, no track mode, no dog mode, and this doesn’t even include anything in V10...

Just think, 1 year ago, no Sentry, no Dashcam, no Arcade, no NOA, no PIN to Drive, no V3 SCs, AP was a glorified TACC, no lane changes, no track mode, no dog mode, and this doesn’t even include anything in V10...

Quite crazy indeed! I really wonder when my Model 3 will stop feeling like a new car. 3 years in? 5 years in? When the interior just gets too busted and creaky to be fixable? When the exterior gets too many dings and dents to bother fixing?

Really hope v10 lands for us this evening...have some longer weekend driving that would be really fun with the new software.

I had a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, fully loaded top of the line (sticker was $56k), and where I live (WI) speed limits increased on most highways from 65 to 70 around 2017...I had a speed alert sensor that would alert you when going a certain mileage over speed limit and the laws were changed after I bought the vehicle... still didn’t matter, the vehicle thought the speed was 65 on all highways so that feature was completely useless, and annoying as I’d get the warning all the time because it thought I was speeding,.. FCA couldn’t even update the speed limits... never mind a map update, as those weren’t even available... want the updated speed limit? Buy a 2018 Jeep... I cannot imagine ever buying a car that doesn’t update over the air again in my life... it’s antiquated...

Sounds like something they could easily address in the next update.

HomeLink worked for me just fine when I hit the button from in the Summon menu. I only have one garage linked, though.

In other news, on the driving screen if you pan around the car you can see the 20” wheels and red brake calipers if you have a 3P+!

HOWEVER, the fog lights don’t appear (headlights do) when turned on. Boo! Fail!

• Funny
Reactions: Boomer543 and SO16
Got the Version 10 update this morning, on my 2019 Tesla Model 3. Here's a one minute Youtube video I made on the summon feature using my car. I was a bit nervous, but it worked very well. Some people passing by were impressed. Me too!

Cheers!

Jim
That actually looks functional, fairly quick and it made a subtle centering move as it stopped for loading. Nice!

HomeLink worked for me just fine when I hit the button from in the Summon menu. I only have one garage linked, though.

In other news, on the driving screen if you pan around the car you can see the 20” wheels and red brake calipers if you have a 3P+!

HOWEVER, the fog lights don’t appear (headlights do) when turned on. Boo! Fail!

Yeah I meant they can add an option to set which Homelink door you want to map to the app button for those with multiple...

Does the Android App have to be 3.10 as well to get all the goodies?
Google Play Store only shows 3.9.1-378 updated Aug 22. And I'm
missing a lot of features.

Any Android users who found a newer TESLA APP than 3.9.1 ?

p.s. Playing Youtube music videos and bumping the quality up to 1080p
(I'm not sure if 720p gives you the same top audio bandwidth, 1080 does)
the sound in the Premium cabin is ... wow, kicka$$.

People who got Partial Premium, yall, I'd be looking at something like this.
$130. It has a 12" speaker, a class D (digital) amp and enclosure. Can be
positioned and wired many different ways, including tapping onto any of
the existing bass speakers in the doors. You don't really need a 1000 amp
ghetto grinder to fill out the Mod 3 bass. The manual is here. I'd try a
Pioneer subsystem over a $100 Rockville or other Chinese brand any day.
Yes, my wifes phone is on android 8, I went to the play store and manually updated her app.

It does not appear to be available for my pixel2 XL running Android 10, I even uninstalled and re-installed the app from the play store.

Anyone else find netflix playback is a bit jerky? Maybe it's because my car is a year old this month? I mean I guess it's watchable.

Can anyone who has the update confirm Spotify bitrate?
Not sure of a way to do this.

Last edited: