Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a black screen where there should (presumably) be a caraoke video. Maybe I have a temporary network glitch on my end. Will have to try again later.
Mine didn't originally work right after I got the update. I had a pretty good LTE signal, so I didn't think that was the issue. When I got home about 30 min. later it connected to my wifi in the garage and I was able to get Caraoke working. Not sure if it just took a bit or if the LTE just wasn't quite strong enough.

I just got my update while I was helping my father look at an Audi E-tron. I updated my 3 LR RWD while we were in the dealership. When we Left I enhanced summoned the car to us at the front. The Salesman was... speechless... He was flabbergasted when I told him It updated while in the dealership and couldn't do that before.

Literally the greatest story of all time. Glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read it.

Just came in to brag about the update. Congrats to the Tesla team for achieving everything that went into this. It’s not perfect but I have no doubt they will continue to improve.

summon is a bit shocking. I did not expect it to move as fast as it did. It does well to find the quickest route. So far so good! Makes me wonder what is on Elon’s car with it running future software.

Netflix/YouTube/Hulu is seamless. Great integration. This sets up FSD well for the future. Taking a road trip on autopilot while catching up with a series sounds like a good time. Hopefully we see that as a reality soon.

excited to see improvements on FSD later. But so far everything I’ve seen is excellent. It makes owning this car really fun.

Just came in to brag about the update. Congrats to the Tesla team for achieving everything that went into this. It’s not perfect but I have no doubt they will continue to improve.

summon is a bit shocking. I did not expect it to move as fast as it did. It does well to find the quickest route. So far so good! Makes me wonder what is on Elon’s car with it running future software.

Netflix/YouTube/Hulu is seamless. Great integration. This sets up FSD well for the future. Taking a road trip on autopilot while catching up with a series sounds like a good time. Hopefully we see that as a reality soon.

excited to see improvements on FSD later. But so far everything I’ve seen is excellent. It makes owning this car really fun.

The version we have isn't even what was running on autonomy day, so I can only imagine. That sole reason solidified my FSD purchase.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Got V10 today. I'm on HW3 so not sure if it changes perspectives on the changes or not but here goes...

MIND BLOWN!!! This is a HUGE update for me. I'm mostly concerned about Autopilot behavior and less about everything else. Haven't even tried Netflix or Spotify. I'll do both over the weekend but tonight was all about Autopilot and Enhanced Summon. I'm getting ready to post a video to YT on Enhanced Summon and I'll upload it here as well.

• First thing I noticed. The resume from stop while in AP (or at least TACC) is WORLDS better and dare I say perfect? The acceleration is just as it should be and it now keeps pace with the cars in front of you. Gone are the days when everyone in front of me gains 9-10 car lengths on me as my car SLOWLY accelerates. Beautiful work here!
  • Second thing I noticed. The car handles lane lines MUCH better. There are 4 spots on my normal daily commute where the car misreads the lane lines through intersections and tries to pull me from the right lane into the left lane while going through the intersection. Tonight it thought about it but corrected itself in 3 out of 4 situations. So much better there. This is the first progress I've seen on this particular issue.
  • Lane changes - MUCH faster and no slowing down while it changes lanes. Also, when in NOA it is MUCH faster with lane changes. Brilliant!
  • I don't know how to easily explain this one but prior to this update you could see the TACC speed scaling up and you either had to wait for it to get to the max speed before setting AP or you could set AP and then click on the speed limit sign to get to your max speed. Now this is automatic. No waiting and no awkward speed changes while you get settled in.
  • Visualizations - awesome
  • No more dancing cars.
  • Braking seems MUCH better. I had two instances where cars turned in front of me and I just felt a very slight hesitation instead of slamming on brakes when it didn't need to.
  • The car also seems to resume much more smoothly and promptly when I car in front of you turns out of your lane.
  • Enhanced summon - amazing. Honestly. Perfect? Nope. Amazing? Yes. Will I use it often? Probably not but dang it's cool.

That's it for now. Enhanced Summon video coming shortly.