Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on version v10 (2019.31.11 bac8c51)

Spotify is working great for the most part. It sounds way better than streaming over bluetooth. The only bug for me is all my albums aren't showing up when my profile loads. And when I go into the Spotify app on my iPhone - it immediately takes over - because of the bluetooth connection, the Tesla version stops working, and I have to reset the system for the Tesla version to work properly. I've tried logging out and back in of my account but no bueno. Even with that state, I am definitely happy to have Spotify!!

I logged into the Netflix but I haven't tested it yet. It had a preview of Disenchanted playing and it looked and sounded great.

Map.png

Here's where things got little interesting. Turning off a Route 1/Richmond Highway was wild. I was in Auto Pilot and I wanted to see if the car would try to make the turn and oh boy did it. I had to take over immediately the car misjudged the turn a bit and the quickly changing lane markers were too much. I got a warning to take over and auto pilot wasn't available. I had a feeling that would be a bit too much and was prepared to take over - since there were a few cars on the road - I did not want to risk it.

However, when I was on 395 N and only going in a straight line things got interesting. AP disengaged and I received a warning to take over driving immediately. I tried re-engaging AP and got the warning - "Cruise not available - Reduced front radar visibility" and "Autosteer temporarily unavailable". The car would no longer stay inside the lanes. After a few minutes - I was able to re-engage auto pilot, but then I received a warning to the affect that the sensors were not working properly and if this continues to contact Tesla. The car also wouldn't maintain its self within the lanes with AP engaged.

I am not sure what's going on with my system. I was with friend last night an on v9 and did not have any issues with AP and the car staying within the lanes on the same stretch of 395 N. I am in the process of putting in a service request.

Other than that - I need to test the other features - being on the cutting edge of technology is exciting and a bit scary.

Like so many others I got version 10 and couldn't wait to go check it out. I wanted to see if the NOA had changed so I took a 44 mile run to check it out. Not sure if its always been there but the car was able to deal with on ramps, turning on the signal and merging on the the freeway flawlessly. I really like the new lane change visual and felt like it was making more decisive lane changes, very nice but just anecdotal not sure if its from the update. While on my drive I came to a construction zone indicating that the left two lanes would be closed. They put orange barrels out every 50' or so and slowly they moved in to the two lanes that were closed. I didn't think the car would be able to deal with that and so took over and moved to the right lane manually. I then re-engaged NOA and was interested to see how it would handle the barrels in the lane next to me. There was no visual indication that the barrels were there and I was concerned it would try to change lanes to get to my speed set point but it never did and when the construction zone ended and there were no more barrels the car instantly took advantage and moved over, so it was definitely aware of the barrels.

I ran the car around with advanced summon while in the car and then called the car to come to me and it was able to do both. While fun and interesting its a little tentative and I can't see using it anywhere that had much traffic.

I played with Cuphead a bit and that looked to be pretty fun, but I was unable to figure out one of the controls in the tutorial. It just shows a black button with no letter?

I have to say I come from a very car-centric family and I have owned a lot of cars myself, but it has been decades since I had a car that generated this kind of excitement for me. I love driving this car and always look forward to the next drive and update.

Picked my Model 3 up yesterday and the had already updated me to version 10. Spotify works great, haven’t tried Netflix or YouTube. Autopilot worked fine, cruise worked great. Headlight assist worked as expected. I feel lucky is fun in navigation.

Update on no COME TO ME button on the phone app:

After viewing a YouTube video which showed the guy scrolling through the release notes, they showed Smart Summon and a paragraph about it listed right after the Cupheads blurb.

I then checked MY release notes - no mention of Smart Summon at all. A vague memory from all of the V10 reading I did seemed to refer to 'in the USA'. I am in Canada.

It seems us Canadians will have to wait a bit longer for our Smart Summon. Everything else in V10 seems to be there.

It's updating playlists for me, both ways. Added some new albums from one playlist on my phone a couple hours before driving, worked find. Added a couple songs in the car to the same playlist; they showed up on my phone when I checked at the next red light.
Well, I just did another drive and this time after launching Spotify it showed the "busy" symbol for a few seconds and synced my new playlist. :) No idea why it didn't work earlier today. Tomorrow I'll also see if dynamic playlists update properly (since "Discover Weekly" is updated on Mondays). Audio quality also seems fine to me. So far I'm quite happy with Spotify and will probably cancel Apple Music. It's a relief not to have to fumble with the phone anymore to select music. Now if there was some way to play my audiobooks via the screen ...

Also, just for science, I did a little Summon experiment inside an almost empty multi-story parking structure. The "Come to me" button didn't work (probably because my phone couldn't get a good location fix without line of sight to the sky), but the Target mode actually works indoors. It's quite tricky though since you obviously don't see the interior parking level on the map, but fun nonetheless. ;) But I will not use Summon anywhere where people are walking around for the time being.

Just got home from a 175 mile day, still really impressed with updates to AP.

I agree with others that the car seems to move over in the lane slightly if it detects a large vehicle like a semi or a truck with a trailer in the lane next to you. I counted at least 10 instances of it. Very subtle, but it’s there.

Stop/Go is vastly improved as others have mentioned. The stop especially is much more natural.

I have no idea about the nags issue, because, you know, I keep my hand on the wheel.

Got V10 today. I'm on HW3 so not sure if it changes perspectives on the changes or not but here goes...

MIND BLOWN!!! This is a HUGE update for me. I'm mostly concerned about Autopilot behavior and less about everything else. Haven't even tried Netflix or Spotify. I'll do both over the weekend but tonight was all about Autopilot and Enhanced Summon. I'm getting ready to post a video to YT on Enhanced Summon and I'll upload it here as well.

• First thing I noticed. The resume from stop while in AP (or at least TACC) is WORLDS better and dare I say perfect? The acceleration is just as it should be and it now keeps pace with the cars in front of you. Gone are the days when everyone in front of me gains 9-10 car lengths on me as my car SLOWLY accelerates. Beautiful work here!
  • Second thing I noticed. The car handles lane lines MUCH better. There are 4 spots on my normal daily commute where the car misreads the lane lines through intersections and tries to pull me from the right lane into the left lane while going through the intersection. Tonight it thought about it but corrected itself in 3 out of 4 situations. So much better there. This is the first progress I've seen on this particular issue.
  • Lane changes - MUCH faster and no slowing down while it changes lanes. Also, when in NOA it is MUCH faster with lane changes. Brilliant!
  • I don't know how to easily explain this one but prior to this update you could see the TACC speed scaling up and you either had to wait for it to get to the max speed before setting AP or you could set AP and then click on the speed limit sign to get to your max speed. Now this is automatic. No waiting and no awkward speed changes while you get settled in.
  • Visualizations - awesome
  • No more dancing cars.
  • Braking seems MUCH better. I had two instances where cars turned in front of me and I just felt a very slight hesitation instead of slamming on brakes when it didn't need to.
  • The car also seems to resume much more smoothly and promptly when I car in front of you turns out of your lane.
  • Enhanced summon - amazing. Honestly. Perfect? Nope. Amazing? Yes. Will I use it often? Probably not but dang it's cool.

That's it for now. Enhanced Summon video coming shortly.
Thanks for this!! Was waiting for someone to talk about the driving experience. The things you referenced are literally my main gripes about AP. If they are ALL fixed, I will be one happy camper!!

Reactions: turnem
For Spotify issues try rebooting.

In fact, for any issues, try rebooting.

I was able to lock up my entire dash playing too many Google Photos motion images. :) A quick reboot brought everything back, in fact my browser loaded right back to Google Photos after the reboot.

Checked again with the .11 update, watching some Stranger Things. It drops frames continually (though many won’t notice). Also, soccer is unwatchable on YouTube etc. For example try watching this in the car:

It’s flickering the whole time. So weird.

Can’t watch ANY soccer games in the car without flickering.

*edit*

Seems to be an issue with green in the YouTube app. American football is the same issue. Just search for any game and try and watch.

No such issue in the Netflix app watching soccer clips etc. so weird!

*edit*

Yep it’s an issue with green. Anyone else confirm this flickers?

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
I have a question regarding sending video s to the Tesla Theater:
From the release note: "you can also send videos to play in the Tesla Theater for supported theater sources by sharing the video link with the Tesla mobile app."

I share some videos from YouTube on my phone, it showed successful, but nothing happens on Tesla Theater. Anyone did it successfully?