Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, given the news that V10 of the software is coming soon - some point this August - I'm wondering how much of the functionality will be there from the get-go in Canada? It's doubtful that any portion of FSD will be made available immediately because of regulatory approval, and that includes Advanced Summon (or whatever it's supposed to be called).

Does anyone have a clue whether Tesla is providing the Canadian regulators with these updates to see if approval can be streamlined somehow or are we continuing to be blind about how the whole process occurs? Are we continuing to look at deferred and curtailed features in the future?

Let the speculation begin...

Ain't got a clue. 'Murica's Hat does have less features even prior to V10 (e.g. we don't have stoplight warning). Given the statement that Smart Summon is only for private lots, I don't know if there actually will be a regulatory issue that blocks it.

As for other things (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc.) we can only hope. I expect Spotify will be delayed since it's a music industry thing, and that's always an issue country-by-country.

Ain't got a clue. 'Murica's Hat does have less features even prior to V10 (e.g. we don't have stoplight warning). Given the statement that Smart Summon is only for private lots, I don't know if there actually will be a regulatory issue that blocks it.

As for other things (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc.) we can only hope. I expect Spotify will be delayed since it's a music industry thing, and that's always an issue country-by-country.
In Ontario, Highway Traffic Act does not apply to parking lots so should not be a regulatory issue in Ontario. But at least in BC and Alberta, vehicle still need to follow laws in parking lot. Elon also said they are working very hard to bring smart summon to all region months ago.
So let there be HOPE.

In Ontario, Highway Traffic Act does not apply to parking lots so should not be a regulatory issue in Ontario. But at least in BC and Alberta, vehicle still need to follow laws in parking lot. Elon also said they are working very hard to bring smart summon to all region months ago.
So let there be HOPE.

The issue is not the Highway Traffic Act, it is with Transport Canada and the Motor Vehicle Safety Act which requires all new vehicles sold in Canada, or imported to Canada, have an immobilizer installed. The immobilizer must prevent the vehicle from moving more than 3m under its own power and prevent release of an electronic parking brake (if equipped) unless the disarming device is within a (short) range of the vehicle.

Those regulations apply to the vehicle itself, and don't depend on where the vehicle is operating.

Until Transport Canada changes those regulations or provides an exemption for Tesla, I don't think we'll be seeing smart summon soon (and definitely not in V10).

The issue is not the Highway Traffic Act, it is with Transport Canada and the Motor Vehicle Safety Act which requires all new vehicles sold in Canada, or imported to Canada, have an immobilizer installed. The immobilizer must prevent the vehicle from moving more than 3m under its own power and prevent release of an electronic parking brake (if equipped) unless the disarming device is within a (short) range of the vehicle.

Those regulations apply to the vehicle itself, and don't depend on where the vehicle is operating.

Until Transport Canada changes those regulations or provides an exemption for Tesla, I don't think we'll be seeing smart summon soon (and definitely not in V10).

From Facebook posts it seems the early access folks got enhanced summon for a bit in Canada though I think it was disabled in their final v10 release the same one that had smart summon in the us. So we'll probably not get it in v10, but it's existed in Canada for a short period...

• Informative
Reactions: Joey_82
Yeah anyone got v10? Would be really interested on how it works on a SR+?

From tesla.com

Introducing Software Version 10.0

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars.

Very generous IMO

• Helpful
Reactions: Chetanh
My understanding is that it's at least a couple of weeks before we start to get it.

From the Tesla blog post on V10:

This week, Tesla owners around the world will start waking up to Version 10.0 features via an over-the-air update.

Note the ‘This week’ and ‘around the world’ references.

And this is on the Canadian version of the Tesla site.

Introducing Software Version 10.0