Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, you gotta use the youtube app, not the browser.
I can imagine the reason they do not allow video from browser is for safety. If it's from browser, they cannot prevent you from playing videos while driving. Through dedicated app, Tesla can disable this access (Entertainment menu) while car is not in Park status.
Oh btw, Google did detect YouTube app as Linux - Chrome when they sent me sign-in notification email.

I can imagine the reason they do not allow video from browser is for safety. If it's from browser, they cannot prevent you from playing videos while driving. Through dedicated app, Tesla can disable this access (Entertainment menu) while car is not in Park status.
Oh btw, Google did detect YouTube app as Linux - Chrome when they sent me sign-in notification email.

No, I used cravetv in browser and the video worked in the browser, but can't fullscreen. However shifting to drive pauses the video.

Edit: Amazon prime video didn't work, but that's because amazon won't allow it, not Tesla.

Wonder how well it will work in a parking lot full of snow. Also Veedio is correct. NOA was released months after it was in the US. I hope this is the same situation. Would be interested to see if the advance Summon features work for people that drive across the boarder into Canada.

Nope, our car has an extra component that acts like a short range antennae to detect our fob/phones are within a certain range. Apparently that range has been expanded with V10. A small win.
Summon now works with bluetooth off (I tested it). So this might not be the case anymore. It looks like phone uses GPS to check location and compares to car's GPS location now.
Edit: On the other hand at least one Canadian reported no smart summon in the US with Canadian cars.