Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What ever happened to the rumored phone/text message functionality v10 was supposed to have? Or did I just dream up reading that we were supposed to finally get integration of text message reading/dictating like pretty much every car with android auto or apple car play has?

Edit: guess I didn't imagine it:

Elon said yes: Tesla's getting text message capability : teslamotors

90% of my texting is WhatsApp or other messaging apps... So even that won't be so useful to me. Still better than nothing and if it lets you send messages that'll be useful to me.

There doesn't appear to be a way to expedite an upgrade other than through a service centre. Back when I first got my car in 2015 it could be weeks until you got an update, in more recent years updates seem to be done in a much more expedited time frame.

edit - you can keep an eye on updates here Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App
It appears that the update is still rolling out.

There doesn't appear to be a way to expedite an upgrade other than through a service centre. Back when I first got my car in 2015 it could be weeks until you got an update, in more recent years updates seem to be done in a much more expedited time frame.

edit - you can keep an eye on updates here Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App
It appears that the update is still rolling out.

I guess I’ll wait another week then submit a request via the app for software update

I’m very happy with the Spotify, Netflix and Youtube using the LTE.

If Tesla is planning to kill the free LTE for these and offering it as a subscription, they have me hooked, especially if the subscription includes activating more speakers.

The speakers can't be activated because most are not hooked up I believe
No oncoming traffic on mine. H2.5.

Mine shows all this.