Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you describe how you got Plex working?

Sorry I forgot what the youtube video that describes this but:

To get Plex or any HTML5 based media working in FULL SCREEN:

1.) Sign into your Youtube Account
2.) On to the top left, click on your profile icon to bring up the Youtube Account drop down menu
3.) Click on "Manage Profile", this will bring you to the Google Accounts/Youtube manage profiles screen
4.) Click on the App Drawer on the top left next your profile icon. It looks like 9 squares, arranged in a square. This will bring up a list of Google Apps you can launch. Select "Google Search".
5.) You now have full screen google search. You can google Plex.tv or any other site, and it will be in full screen with audio.

Can you describe how you got Plex working?
You can get it through the browser by going to the site and logging in to your server. You won’t have full screen, as the car info screen will still show, but works. I had problems getting media to play but then realized it works if you do a long press on the play button. A tap causes the screen to flicker.

The other method is to go through Netflix and navigate to the privacy policy link at the bottom of the screen, then you have to open a web link within the page, and open up google search...too many steps.

The third way is to go to YouTube, search for plex.tv and find a video that has plex.tv within the description. This will get you plex full screen.

Sorry I forgot what the youtube video that describes this but:

To get Plex or any HTML5 based media working in FULL SCREEN:

1.) Sign into your Youtube Account
2.) On to the top left, click on your profile icon to bring up the Youtube Account drop down menu
3.) Click on "Manage Profile", this will bring you to the Google Accounts/Youtube manage profiles screen
4.) Click on the App Drawer on the top left next your profile icon. It looks like 9 squares, arranged in a square. This will bring up a list of Google Apps you can launch. Select "Google Search".
5.) You now have full screen google search. You can google Plex.tv or any other site, and it will be in full screen with audio.

Just realized, I can't tell the difference between left or right. It should be top right for the profile icon and app drawer :confused:

I have the SR+. The WiFi was weak at my work parking lot. Maybe I’ll try it at home this time.
I recently added a separate router to my garage via and powerline, I would try to see if you can strengthen the signal (rep mentioned to be connected for at least 3 hours). If that doesn't work try contacting support via chat (you'll need to use the US site for this).

So, I got the update as well and went to see if NoA has improved with respect to HOV lanes...no dice in my normal place of qew eastbound. As soon as I got into the HOV at brant street it immediately tried taking me out....will do more testing this week, but that's one bug I was really hoping got fixed.

Summon seemed to work better for me, I use it all the time backing our if my garage. But I didn't try it from farther than normal. Will do some more testing to see if the range has improved....

I tried NOA on HOV on 403 through Mississauga and it worked and stayed in the lane. Though I only tested it once and there was a car in front of me the whole way. Don't know if it knew it was hov or just treated it like the fast lane. I mean I could see that when the line was solid it saw it as solid but I don't know how it was interpreting things when the line was dotted.

I tried NOA on HOV on 403 through Mississauga and it worked and stayed in the lane. Though I only tested it once and there was a car in front of me the whole way. Don't know if it knew it was hov or just treated it like the fast lane. I mean I could see that when the line was solid it saw it as solid but I don't know how it was interpreting things when the line was dotted.
Interesting. Which direction and over which stretch? There are some merge sections it would work on before, but when I enter at Brant it always immediately tries to boot me out. Coming home entering at trafalgar works (car even enters the HOV lane on its own, which it doesnt do at Brant), but 1-2 exits down it tries to boot me out even if traffic is much slower.

Interesting. Which direction and over which stretch? There are some merge sections it would work on before, but when I enter at Brant it always immediately tries to boot me out. Coming home entering at trafalgar works (car even enters the HOV lane on its own, which it doesnt do at Brant), but 1-2 exits down it tries to boot me out even if traffic is much slower.

Westbound from Hurontario to 407. It suggested/made the lane change out of HOV when it ended and the 407 started as I was continuing on 403.

Will try in the other direction tomorrow. I tried it eastbound early this morning but NOA was disabled due to rain.

Westbound from Hurontario to 407. It suggested/made the lane change out of HOV when it ended and the 407 started as I was continuing on 403.

Will try in the other direction tomorrow. I tried it eastbound early this morning but NOA was disabled due to rain.
Ah, right. The other 403 HOV section. I typically do the stretch from Burlington to Mississauga. I take it from brant and then past where it ends as I work off Winston Churchill and 403.

Just got this. On the road now so will go home and check. Hopefully its v10

Attachments

• 20191002_192437.jpg
    20191002_192437.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 40