Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I felt it sounded more full than mine. When I go back to pick my car up I'll try and do a side by side playing the same song. It may have also been the eq settings being different between cars. But I found the low frequency range from the front speakers sounded more full in the S than on my 3.

To be honest, I've never really been super impressed with the sound in the 3. But when I got into the S I felt immediately that the sound was more immersive.

Could just be a placebo effect, or to do with the cabin geometry, or EQ settings, or maybe it is a better sound system.
It's probably the EQ settings. Do you have immersive sound enabled on your 3? You might want to try that as well.

Too late. They already did mess it up for the rest of BC: About that 'rogue' Tesla: ICBC says going driverless is not allowed
I don't understand what the big deal is. The actual law (and quoted in multiple articles) is that autonomous isn't allowed on roads, and they state that insurance may not cover the accident if one happened.

So first point: the parking lot technically isn't a road.

Second point: even if a person was driving the car and was driving on the wrong side of the road they are liable for their actions.

Third point: the car goes 5-6 km/h. How much 'damage' can it actually cause at that speed? That's kind of the point of smart summon being so limited.

Should future improvements make better decisions? Sure. But I can't see this causing a mass reversion of smart summon being allowed. I'm obviously a bit biased with that opinion because I want to keep smart summon, but also my gut says it would take a lot more than some random video to cause the feature to be removed.

I don't understand what the big deal is. The actual law (and quoted in multiple articles) is that autonomous isn't allowed on roads, and they state that insurance may not cover the accident if one happened.

So first point: the parking lot technically isn't a road.

Second point: even if a person was driving the car and was driving on the wrong side of the road they are liable for their actions.

Third point: the car goes 5-6 km/h. How much 'damage' can it actually cause at that speed? That's kind of the point of smart summon being so limited.

Should future improvements make better decisions? Sure. But I can't see this causing a mass reversion of smart summon being allowed. I'm obviously a bit biased with that opinion because I want to keep smart summon, but also my gut says it would take a lot more than some random video to cause the feature to be removed.

The FUD army and big oil and all other brands would jump after this and have their bots retweet it =P

The FUD army and big oil and all other brands would jump after this and have their bots retweet it =P
Agreed. Nature of the beast. But you can't stop progress ;)

I'm adding a slight revision to my point about the insurance because I didn't come across the way I meant it:

The article says insurance MAY not cover this situation in a parking lot. Not that it wouldn't.

There are a tonne of ways insurance companies can already deny your claim: window tints too dark, not keeping up with regular maintenance (brakes, tires, etc...maybe not but I assume if I drive on bald tires with no brakes and they found out that they would deny any claim since it's my responsibility to keep the car road worthy), other modifications to the car, etc.

I just don't get why this incident freaks people out. It's a parking lot. People drive the 'wrong way' in them quite often on their own. No one posts videos of them that causes outrage (being a bit tongue in cheek there....I do get this looks bad, but people need to calm down :rolleyes:)

Agreed. Nature of the beast. But you can't stop progress ;)

I'm adding a slight revision to my point about the insurance because I didn't come across the way I meant it:

The article says insurance MAY not cover this situation in a parking lot. Not that it wouldn't.

There are a tonne of ways insurance companies can already deny your claim: window tints too dark, not keeping up with regular maintenance (brakes, tires, etc...maybe not but I assume if I drive on bald tires with no brakes and they found out that they would deny any claim since it's my responsibility to keep the car road worthy), other modifications to the car, etc.

I just don't get why this incident freaks people out. It's a parking lot. People drive the 'wrong way' in them quite often on their own. No one posts videos of them that causes outrage (being a bit tongue in cheek there....I do get this looks bad, but people need to calm down :rolleyes:)

Lol, yah, I've seen people look down on their phones when their car is going 140kph down the 401 (non Tesla) - Which other models have lane/TACC out there? I'm oblivious since getting the Model 3.

I know Honda and Nissan has something. Audi and Merc?

Lol, yah, I've seen people look down on their phones when their car is going 140kph down the 401 (non Tesla) - Which other models have lane/TACC out there? I'm oblivious since getting the Model 3.

I know Honda and Nissan has something. Audi and Merc?
I think most brands have something, with TACC being especially common. For some the lane keeping will only intervene if you drift out of your lane, or other ones (e.g. my 2015 Subaru Outback) may simply alert rather than steer.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Just got 2019.36.2.1 and all the regular release notes apply. Power increase, stopping mode, scheduled charging, and automatic navigation are there for us now :)

Couldn't resist taking it for a quick spin and the new one pedal driving mode is great. Finally feels like driving the Bolt without needing to touch the brake at all if you time things right.

Power maybe feels better but I'm on a cold battery so tough to tell. I believe them :)

Didn't try other stuff, but I trust it works as advertised.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Just got 2019.36.2.1 and all the regular release notes apply. Power increase, stopping mode, scheduled charging, and automatic navigation are there for us now :)

Couldn't resist taking it for a quick spin and the new one pedal driving mode is great. Finally feels like driving the Bolt without needing to touch the brake at all if you time things right.

Power maybe feels better but I'm on a cold battery so tough to tell. I believe them :)

Didn't try other stuff, but I trust it works as advertised.

Just got 2019.36.2.1 software update overnight. LR RWD FSD.

I'm jonesing very badly for this update. When will it be my turn?!?! o_O

I'm jonesing very badly for this update. When will it be my turn?!?! o_O
It is truly random about the updates is it? I've heard tell the SC guys can "expedite" the software updates & yet they don't want us all showing up at their door do they. Because the updates have been so positive, we/TSLA have set the bar quite high. Patience...
Does anyone know if the features your car has has any effect? Or which model?

It is truly random about the updates is it? I've heard tell the SC guys can "expedite" the software updates & yet they don't want us all showing up at their door do they. Because the updates have been so positive, we/TSLA have set the bar quite high. Patience...
Does anyone know if the features your car has has any effect? Or which model?
Just tried out the one pedal driving feature. It was great, I don't think I need to use the brake anymore for normal driving . The 5% increase in power that this time I can feel the effect while accelerating . Spotify seems improved as well no more dropout so far. My configuration is LR, RWD, FSD.

Looks like it's going wide. About 13% of cars on teslafi got it in the last 2 days. That's quicker than I've seen most updates roll out. I bet you'll get it in the next day or so. Hopefully in time for the commute Monday. :cool:

Yeah I'm hoping I get it by Monday morning. I've been following the rollout on Tfi. I want that one pedal driving experience and that sweet power boost.