Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm pretty sure we won't get smart summon since regular summon was not approved by TD. However, since Netflix/YT supposedly only works when the car is in Park with wifi, i'm hopeful this will be approved. unfortunately not many SC carparks have wifi, so don't think it will be used much.

i'm pretty sure we won't get smart summon since regular summon was not approved by TD. However, since Netflix/YT supposedly only works when the car is in Park with wifi, i'm hopeful this will be approved. unfortunately not many SC carparks have wifi, so don't think it will be used much.
You should be able to get the video streaming to work by tethering to your phone or using a hotspot device.

Even "dumb" summon would be pretty useful considering old parking space sizes are drawn to cater to car sizes of the 1970's in HK.
iI smart summon and video streaming are off the table then V10 should be approved even faster, but i guess 1 month is pretty much lighting speed for TD.
Perhaps HK will get these features sometime next decade.

Got V10 for my 2017 MX today. As expected no Smart Summon and no Tesla Theatre. No Caraoke and no Cuphead. No nothing. :( Well Joe mode is great if you’re annoyed at the chimes in traffic jams...and visualisations have been improved. Not sure if I would ever use the Tesla app to open windows (especially when you can’t close them via remote). All in all better than nothing, but sad that TD isn’t more up with the times. :(

Can we propose against the TD for their outdated regulatory?!

theatre is only work in parked mode and I have NO idea how it induce any hazard. I think it is legal to use our phone when we seated in a parked car

We've tried TD, LegCo, and Ombudsman. Nobody seems to recognise the issue, or that progress is being held back.

The legislation, as it is currently written, is outdated and doesn't reflect modern reality. All modern cars are illegal according to the legislation, so TD simply selectively enforces whatever they want.

We've tried TD, LegCo, and Ombudsman. Nobody seems to recognise the issue, or that progress is being held back.

The legislation, as it is currently written, is outdated and doesn't reflect modern reality. All modern cars are illegal according to the legislation, so TD simply selectively enforces whatever they want.

Mark, yeah thanks for the great effort.
Shall we also try ITB and the related legco member, such as the one from IT field.
Understand the chance is low but seems they are also relevant to the issue.
Apparently, it is common sense the rules are outdated and far from the reality today.

hi Guys any update on the summons feature? is it added to the apps yet? bmw now has autopark feature with their new G30 5 series. which you can start the car and move forward or reverse with a press of a button from the remote..

hi Guys any update on the summons feature? is it added to the apps yet? bmw now has autopark feature with their new G30 5 series. which you can start the car and move forward or reverse with a press of a button from the remote..

Summon is not permitted in HK cars due to transport department regulations (specifically, legislation regarding the driver needing to be in the driver's seat while the engine is 'on'). I hear rumours it is being discussed, but no concrete decision yet.

P.S. In the latest update, the games got removed from HK cars as well.