TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Optic, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Optic

Optic Member

Any idea when we will get V10? I am on the MX 2017. Will we get even most of these features like smart summon and theatre?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Pending TD approval. I guess at least a month.

Nope.

3. markwj

I take that back. Reports are coming in of v10 being released in Hong Kong now. But most certainly cut-down, due to the legislative restrictions.

4. kinho

kinho Member

i'm pretty sure we won't get smart summon since regular summon was not approved by TD. However, since Netflix/YT supposedly only works when the car is in Park with wifi, i'm hopeful this will be approved. unfortunately not many SC carparks have wifi, so don't think it will be used much.

5. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

You should be able to get the video streaming to work by tethering to your phone or using a hotspot device.

6. markwj

No Smart Summon or Video Streaming will be available with v10 in Hong Kong. Both are against the law and won't be approved by TD.

7. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

Even "dumb" summon would be pretty useful considering old parking space sizes are drawn to cater to car sizes of the 1970's in HK.
    iI smart summon and video streaming are off the table then V10 should be approved even faster, but i guess 1 month is pretty much lighting speed for TD.
    Perhaps HK will get these features sometime next decade.

8. kinho

kinho Member

Got V10 for my 2017 MX today. As expected no Smart Summon and no Tesla Theatre. No Caraoke and no Cuphead. No nothing. :( Well Joe mode is great if you’re annoyed at the chimes in traffic jams...and visualisations have been improved. Not sure if I would ever use the Tesla app to open windows (especially when you can’t close them via remote). All in all better than nothing, but sad that TD isn’t more up with the times. :(

9. kkeeiith

kkeeiith Member

Did they update the very outdated google map?

10. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

Can we propose against the TD for their outdated regulatory?!

theatre is only work in parked mode and I have NO idea how it induce any hazard. I think it is legal to use our phone when we seated in a parked car

11. markwj

We've tried TD, LegCo, and Ombudsman. Nobody seems to recognise the issue, or that progress is being held back.

The legislation, as it is currently written, is outdated and doesn't reflect modern reality. All modern cars are illegal according to the legislation, so TD simply selectively enforces whatever they want.

12. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

Mark, yeah thanks for the great effort.
    Shall we also try ITB and the related legco member, such as the one from IT field.
    Understand the chance is low but seems they are also relevant to the issue.
    Apparently, it is common sense the rules are outdated and far from the reality today.

13. whitebear

whitebear Member

Is the "Beach Buggy Racing 2" available with this update?

14. ra_flyer

ra_flyer Member

i am still on version 9 on my 2017 model x. am i supposed to be connected to wifi to get the update?

15. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Yes, and change your Software Update setting in your touch screen to Advanced.

16. ra_flyer

ra_flyer Member

hi Guys any update on the summons feature? is it added to the apps yet? bmw now has autopark feature with their new G30 5 series. which you can start the car and move forward or reverse with a press of a button from the remote..

17. markwj

Summon is not permitted in HK cars due to transport department regulations (specifically, legislation regarding the driver needing to be in the driver's seat while the engine is 'on'). I hear rumours it is being discussed, but no concrete decision yet.

P.S. In the latest update, the games got removed from HK cars as well.