Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My browser now works on 2019.32.12.3, no reboot or anything. It went from not working no matter what to working. Still slow and still only nearly full screen, no option to use 50% screen like it used to before v10.

Please bring back half screen option!

Make sure to call in for feature requests!

I have a list of requests that I make monthly-ish:

1. An official Tesla portal for us to add and vote on feature requests. Every consumer software company has this.
2. MCU browser access is completely dead in v9 and v10. Please fix this
3. V10 browser no longer has the option of running half screen. This update severely detracts from its usefulness to the point of completely unusable.
4. Charge port does not trigger “key present” search like liftgate button. When coming out to my plugged in car in the garage, in order to remove the charge cable from the charge port, I always have to walk and extra two feet forward from the charge port to the driver mirror so the car unlocks, which then unlocks the charge port. Would be nice to have a trigger for car to detect key presence when UMC connector is plugged in and connector button is pressed. I know the key is detectable there because if I press the liftgate button on the trunk, my trunk will open.
5. "All Windows up?" popup notification when car parks and windows/sunroof are detected open
6. Supercharger info (namely, % of nominal charge speed) stall by by stall on MCU maps.
7. Ability to report problems with SuC on MCU maps
8. PIN to drive auto execute when correct code is entered, vs having to also press “allow.” The allow button is no more or less secure, and only increases time to execution.
9. Option for Reverse-only creep. Having a foot on the accelerator when reversing is inherently less safe than backing up with foot on the brake.
10. Routing by data connection to from server rather than on-board calculation (when data available). MCU1 is deathly slow with route calcs that involve SuC stops (2+ mins).
11. Volume auto-adjust as a function of speed and/or windows down.
12. Multi-destination routing on MCU
13. Multi destination routing on phone app, accounting for SuC stops
14. Ability to select time to STOP charging, for those of us on TOU rates.
15. Secure third party app API access. Giving API tokens or login info is sketchy
16. Climate UI is clunky. In order to heat steering wheel, I have to tap the climate control, which is usually off. This will turn on the blowers, which I will then turn off. The ergonomics of this menu could also be vastly improved by allowing us to trace out commands down an expanding tree (like a swipe keyboard), vs having to be precise with discrete finger taps on small buttons while driving.

9. Option for Reverse-only creep. Having a foot on the accelerator when reversing is inherently less safe than backing up with foot on the brake.
Why does this reasoning not apply equally to going forward? I see no reason how the logic is any different. If it is true for reverse, then it is true for forward. Therefore, the creep feature already supports the need.

• Disagree
Reactions: darxsys
4. Charge port does not trigger “key present” search like liftgate button. When coming out to my plugged in car in the garage, in order to remove the charge cable from the charge port, I always have to walk and extra two feet forward from the charge port to the driver mirror so the car unlocks, which then unlocks the charge port. Would be nice to have a trigger for car to detect key presence when UMC connector is plugged in and connector button is pressed. I know the key is detectable there because if I press the liftgate button on the trunk, my trunk will open.
This is a hardware problem. There are key presence readers in the desh panels at the front of each front door, and on the rear of the car. They would need to add one near the charge port to enable this, it can't be done with software.

14. Ability to select time to STOP charging, for those of us on TOU rates.

Tesla have delivered this in a new update this week.

7. Ability to report problems with SuC on MCU maps

I would prefer this be completely automated by Tesla. Owner expertise and knowledge varies considerably, I have a low expectation the information provided on problems would be useful compared to actual factually collected sensor data.

Tesla know
a) maximum charging current as reported by Tesla S/X/3 BMS (see latest videos by Bjorn Nyland, he installed a monitoring device where this field is one of the tracked items)
b) cabinet sharing (they know when two cars are connected to one cabinet)
c) occupation of stalls and the current being supplied to each
d) maximum current available to distribute across all charging stalls (some sites are limited to total peak kW)

If the car wants more juice than the charger can supply, Tesla should be able to auto detect this case and evaluate the situation, especially in obvious cases like kW being low (20kW per stall or something)

11. Volume auto-adjust as a function of speed and/or windows down.

The volume is literally at your finger tips, when I'm driving using "10 and 2" hand position, it's a 2cm movement of my thumb to adjust.

giphy.gif

My browser now works on 2019.32.12.3, no reboot or anything. It went from not working no matter what to working. Still slow and still only nearly full screen, no option to use 50% screen like it used to before v10.

Please bring back half screen option!
please report back in a day or two.

ever since v9 (now on 2019.32.12.3) my browser works for a while but usually within a day it stops working completely (unresponsive, blank page). sometimes it starts working again by itself a couple days later.

Why does this reasoning not apply equally to going forward? I see no reason how the logic is any different. If it is true for reverse, then it is true for forward. Therefore, the creep feature already supports the need.

Because when driving a car in a regular position your eyes, arms and feet are pointed forwards and you can see, hear, process, anticipate and react better/faster to whatever situation is happening in front of you, as compared to backing in when everything is located behind you and your perception of things is greatly reduced even with all the sensors, cameras and other bells and whistles. Not to mention that auto braking only works when you’re about to smash into something with your front end, and not the rear. At least I assume that’s the case. So all in all it seems like it makes a lot more difference for reversing than going forward.

This is as obvious as it gets and I don’t understand your logic at all.

Maybe you’re driving your car pointed sideways towards the door and then your visibility is the same no matter the direction?

This is a hardware problem. There are key presence readers in the desh panels at the front of each front door, and on the rear of the car. They would need to add one near the charge port to enable this, it can't be done with software.

Disagree. I have had someone stand at my trunk to open it while I was with my key at the UMC. As I said in the post - I know the key is detectable, there is just no trigger to look for key presence.

Because rarely do you need to accelerate when going backwards. You, however, ALWAYS will need to brake when going backwards. Darksys's points are also extremely valid.

It might make you feel better but I would guarantee none of this gets too far up the chain.

I mean, I know that's not the case as I've had product managers reach out to me for previous feature requests, which ended up being implemented as en-route battery warmup/preconditioning.

I would prefer this be completely automated by Tesla.

Perhaps a combination. They're never going to get information about stalls that aren't in use, like have happened multiple times when the SuC connector had some plastic lodged in it.

The volume is literally at your finger tips, when I'm driving using "10 and 2" hand position, it's a 2cm movement of my thumb to adjust.
And? It's a feature in a larger number of cars on the market, and it's useful to automate away. With your attitude, you might as well say en route battery warmup is a waste becuase the charger will warm it up anyways... or that destination input via voice is useless because you can do it on the MCU. My low speed volume is 4ish, highway volume is 9ish, and highway windows down volume is max. I adjust it enough based on speed that I would find it useful.

you might as well say en route battery warmup is a waste becuase the charger will warm it up anyways

I use an alternative method to heat up the battery and it's worked perfectly for many years, a generous right foot. l-)

or that destination input via voice is useless because you can do it on the MCU

That's your counter? LOL
2cm to move a thumb to change volume to exactly what you need at the exact moment, vs attempting to type an address on a touch screen keyboard while driving.

Whereas automatic screen brightness that Tesla has already implemented is far more useful from a safety and use perspective.
Automatic volume adjustment would bother me from an audio enjoyment perspective.

To each their own.

Music intensity goes up and down with the song, perhaps you also want audio "compression" to squeeze the sound into a smaller range of volumes or some other change I would find equally useless to my own use.