Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As this battery cap & charge speed limit affects 85 batteries, mostly found in nonAP & AP1 cars, I'm sure that explains the delay in the roll-out: team is putting the finishing touch on the BMS update.
And because AP1 & PreAP put less load on MCU1, the dev team is evaluating if they could put Theater in it. And the chromium browser :)

Ok, I'm probably too optimistic :p

I believe the Tegra processors in MCU1 are not capable of theater mode. So don’t count on it.

• Informative
Reactions: vraev and outdoors
I got the V 10 update and got a flat tire.

My sound system issues and cell phone issues have not improved so there were no bug fixes for that.

AP/ FSD driving is smoother. No wild side to side swerving when i get on an exit ramp and no lines. it favors the right lane where I'm going to the right.

Our 3's and the X already got updates to V10.

AP seems to be much improved in this release - as good as it's ever been. Very smooth and confident. I noticed an occasion or two where it got a little nervous next to trucks or other close traffic - but by and large a substantial improvement.

Tried a couple very simple smart summons in a quiet parking lot - they were successful, fun in that parlor trick sort of way, but I don't see this being a particularly useful feature as it sits now.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
AP seems to be much improved in this release - as good as it's ever been. Very smooth and confident. I noticed an occasion or two where it got a little nervous next to trucks or other close traffic - but by and large a substantial improvement.

Tried a couple very simple smart summons in a quiet parking lot - they were successful, fun in that parlor trick sort of way, but I don't see this being a particularly useful feature as it sits now.
I'm struggling to find a practical use for smart summon.

Reactions: quickstrike12

Was it nervous next to the trucks, or was the car moving away from them in the lane?

The new action to offset away from trucks in the lane is pretty abrupt when it hits - it feels to me like one of the older uncertain corrections, but it’s a single quick step over and then one back.

It also doesn’t always seem to happen - my current working theory is it happens only when the lane is more than a certain width, but I need more data.

I'm struggling to find a practical use for smart summon.

last year when I was at the hotel and had to run out to the car while it was pouring (without an umbrella), I would have used smart summon. But really the stress of possibly wrecking my vehicle (or someone running into me) without me being in it outweighs the benefits.

I look at smart summon as just an evolution in to FSD.

Reactions: Tdreamer
11/2017 AP2.5 MCU1 v10 (2019.32.11 bac8c51)

So tried out summon in our circular drive (pavers). wouldn't do it from the garage but used regular summon outta the garage then used target and come to me and it did a pretty good job. The first time it didn't work then it began to work consistently stayed on the pavers and drove the curve of the circle perfectly.

My next attempts were done sitting in the drivers seat using drive to target mode.

Then to our club parking lot to see if I could get it to pick me up under the awning to the entrance. There is a steep rise to the covered portion and it is narrow as well. Couldn't get it to go all the way. It would drive up to the incline and then back away and try to go around the other direction. The parking lot is very irregular and I tried from different sections with varying degrees of success. It did much better with other car around. The markings in the lot are very faded.

Went another parking lot and first try was a spot near the road and summon said won't work on public roads, guess the spot was to close to the road. It worked in the spot next to it and drove me to the target location.

seems like being able to draw a route for it would be helpful, at least to get it going initially. Advanced summon is kinda where nav on AP was in its first release, certainly room for improvement but clearly as the fleet returns data to Tesla and the algos get trained it gonna be great. I expect HW3.0 works better than 2.5 and as was said on autonomy day, there is a software build that can exploit HW3.0 and I expect great improvements there.

Next was drive test. AP display is vastly improved much more stable shows oncoming vehicles (bikes and motorcycles and pickups all show distinctly). Acceleration from a stop behind a vehicle at a traffic light is vastly improved (quicker). Approach to vehicles at stop light even at high rate of speed is much smoother and decelerations begins earlier. Even had a car switch lanes last minute leaving a stationary vehicle in front of it and the car stopped very smoothly still with just the slightest hesitation just as the other car switched lanes.

Highway driving on ramp to off is nothing short of excellent and the visuals showing the where the car is going are great. Line recognition was excellent (dashed, double lines, solid lines) and the car respected no lane switches on solid lines in construction zones. Very goos at passing and switching out of passing lane. Smooth merge to get on and off the highway (moderate traffic) it made good access/decel decisions when changing lanes.

I cannot get the release notes to display, tried reboot, tried to access from T and software menu on and off wireless.. no dice.

I have also been getting (seems random) a double chime followed by the interior overhead lights illuminating just like if you open the door while the car is still in drive.

first drive = very excited at the progress:)

Fire Away!

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
last year when I was at the hotel and had to run out to the car while it was pouring (without an umbrella), I would have used smart summon. But really the stress of possibly wrecking my vehicle (or someone running into me) without me being in it outweighs the benefits.

I look at smart summon as just an evolution in to FSD.
I don't think I'd use it in that situation. Even if the car was in line of site and within the distance required which is not always the case.

Enhanced Summon worked well at Sam's Club and a few other places but the range needs to be increased as parking lots are big and parking far away is usually safer.

And, what about self-parking? The ability to jump out and send the car to a distant (safer) parking place would be ideal and probably more useful than summoning.

2.0 MCU1 FSD

Reactions: SO16
Enhanced Summon worked well at Sam's Club and a few other places but the range needs to be increased as parking lots are big and parking far away is usually safer.

And, what about self-parking? The ability to jump out and send the car to a distant (safer) parking place would be ideal and probably more useful than summoning.

2.0 MCU1 FSD
Elon promised that’d be a part of 10.1, whenever that shows up (next year sometime?)

Hopefully it has some options to cause the car to choose to park at the back of a lot away from other cars...

But can you reasonably maintain line of sight much further than the current limit?

I think before Smart Summon starts it should flash some of the lights randomly and you have to tap the lights on the screen to confirm that you can actually see the car.

Elon said that would come in V10.1.

11/2017 AP2.5 MCU1 v10 (2019.32.11 bac8c51)

I cannot get the release notes to display, tried reboot, tried to access from T and software menu on and off wireless.. no dice.

BTW, my car takes several minutes to bring up the release notes on Wifi. You have to be very patient. I presume it's because of the broken browser.

I got v10 on my MCU1/AP2 S. I don't care about missing out on the useless games or movie mode, I have a dozen devices that can do that already.

I did notice the improved visualizations. I didn't notice any other bug fixes unfortunately. Haven't tried AP yet but that sounds like solid progress.

Sentry Mode is still a useless gimmick on MC1, it literally does nothing AFAIK.

Not great, not terrible.

BTW, my car takes several minutes to bring up the release notes on Wifi. You have to be very patient. I presume it's because of the broken browser.

I got v10 on my MCU1/AP2 S. I don't care about missing out on the useless games or movie mode, I have a dozen devices that can do that already.

I did notice the improved visualizations. I didn't notice any other bug fixes unfortunately. Haven't tried AP yet but that sounds like solid progress.

Sentry Mode is still a useless gimmick on MC1, it literally does nothing AFAIK.

Not great, not terrible.

For release notes on my MCU1 that are often blank after update, I typically just close the screen and then go to settings/software to pull up the screen again.

I have HW 2.0. Sentry isn’t completely useless for this HW. It still flashes lights, shows Hal screen and text notifications to me. It just doesn’t record video (which I have separate dashcams for this anyway).

Was it nervous next to the trucks, or was the car moving away from them in the lane?

The new action to offset away from trucks in the lane is pretty abrupt when it hits - it feels to me like one of the older uncertain corrections, but it’s a single quick step over and then one back.

It also doesn’t always seem to happen - my current working theory is it happens only when the lane is more than a certain width, but I need more data.

Yes I think this was it. It would bump over off the lane center if it felt an adjacent car or truck was getting too close. Useful feature, but a little abrupt.

Reactions: Saghost