TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 on MCU1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by by74, Sep 26, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Member

Yeah, once there is a well established DC fast charge network nationwide there will be other viable options.

2. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

But the S and X are the flagship models!!!

• Funny x 9
  3. tyson

tyson Member

I think once the new "plaid" variants are out they will maybe retake the flagship status.... Until then 3 and Y will be priority....

4. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

So has anyone that bought FSD and is on MCU1 received anything. I'm pretty sure we arent in any early access. Only model 3 owners

• Informative x 1
  5. tyson

tyson Member

Teslafi has a bunch of S and X but they all appear to be AP2.5+... So could all be MCU2, almost certainly are...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. timewasted

timewasted Member

Put me down in the “AP2.0/MCU1/pre-paid FSD at delivery without a hint of v10” category. My assumption is that they’re rolling it out to everyone who bought the currently advertised version of FSD first since they can claim that FSD revenue this quarter.

7. am_dmd

am_dmd Member

This is just my theory. Being an owner since December 2016 and Tesla's history, I think Tesla's long term plan is not to be in car business b(I Robotaxis (I thought Musk said this before?) and may be selling AP to other manufactures? So customer retention is not a priority at all. They are just using newer models to attract newer customers and checking/modifying their hardware until they find the correct configuration. I can bet model Y will have something different from model 3.

• Like x 1
  8. DukeofURL

DukeofURL Member

Your slacker subscription comes free with your tesla, you shouldn't need to cancel it. Spotify in the car on the other hand requires a premium (paid; not ad-supported) account. I think this is how they're getting around the contractual obligations to slacker, with a bring-your-own-account model. Works out great for us who already have a Spotify account and use it on all of our other devices.

As said before though, if having "radio stations" based on artists/genres is all you want, Slacker will be fine for you. If you want the ability to play full albums, listen to the same track 6 times in a row on repeat (hey, don't judge...), or have playlists autogenerated based on your listening trends (as well as ones you create yourself, or ones curated by other users), with a larger library, then Spotify is worth the extra couple bucks a month.

9. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Elon Musk on Twitter
    Yes, V10 will include several games & infotainment features, improved highway Autopilot, better traffic light & stop sign recognition & Smart Summon

I have almost zero interest in games, Netflix or Hulu in my car. Using my Spotify account would be nice. My interest would be features that I'd use every day. Like the above posted tweet. That was from a July tweet. Seems as if stop sign, red light and reading speed signs have been forgotten and replaced games and parlor tricks Oh look here comes my car.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  10. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Supporting Member

More like a month Elon time. :(

11. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Yea seems like they want to get it to all MCU 2 first. Then when the dust settles and the hype is over mcu1 will get it. At that point no matter how much mcu1 owners complain the hype will be passed and Tesla will just ignore it

• Like x 4
  12. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

Said tweet doesn’t mention speed sign reading. Red light detection has been in there for a while, and I see nothing suggesting it hasn’t been improved. (Note that said detection is used to warn you when approaching a red light with autopilot on, not to actually stop at it) Stop sign: who knows. It’s possible they did the same thing there, or not.

13. Reddy Kilowatt

I can report, Netflix on the M 3 is fantastic. the surround sound if fantastic.

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Well I've not yet had the red light alert, warning activate in time to stop in a safe manner. It's also possible the numerous features and benefits that been both promised and sold will be delivered. Just unlikely.

15. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Thanks for rubbing it in ass

• Funny x 11
    • Like x 4
  16. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Supporting Member

Not that hard to add an HDMI converter and apple tv/netflix to MCU 1 CARS.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

I definitely wouldn’t recommend trying it, it only activates(in v9 at least) at the last possible second. I’ve done it once, intentionally, at an empty intersection and you just barely have enough time to stop before the line once it goes off. It’s basically like AEB for stoplights.

18. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Exactly what I'm talking about

19. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

With the comma:

“Thanks for rubbing it in, ass” indicates you are playfully calling him an ass.

Without the comma:

“Thanks for rubbing it in ass” indicates you are a non-native English speaker that is, um, enjoying yourself too much.

Can you clarify your post please? :p

• Funny x 13
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Us MCU1 owners have been "enjoying" ourselves ever since V9

• Funny x 5