Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea what contract you're talking about.
the second half about “no Spotify” is absolutely incorrect. US users have been getting access. So I question your first assertion as well.

Elon tweeted about it. Back in 2010-2012 when they were building the Model S, streaming music to a car over 4G wasn't that big a thing, and Slacker was really the only option available to them, Spotify wasn't. They entered a long term contract which is why they can't offer Spotify in the US currently. The only way to get Spotify in the US is to have someone root and hack your car to enable it, and even when it's enabled in the U.S. the next firmware update wipes it back out again. I have it on my car now... until the next firmware update then I have to have it re-enabled. Also, you have to use your own Spotify login, you can't use the generic Tesla one.

at will it take to get an MCU1-MCU2 adapter cable made? Been looking for someone to help with the project.

It's much much more than just a cable.

Spotify is coming to US with v10.

If so, that's great, and Tesla finally got out of their Slacker contract.

Last edited:
...the second half about “no Spotify” is absolutely incorrect. US users have been getting access...

I'm assuming the Tesla US workaround with the Slacker contract topic is a "BYOA - Bring Your Own Account" approach with Spotify:

Discover Software Version 10.0

The Slacker piece doesn't go away. Spotify is just made available to those with their own Premium Account to use it.

Elon tweeted about it. Back in 2010-2012 when they were building the Model S, streaming music to a car over 4G wasn't that big a thing, and Slacker was really the only option available to them, Spotify wasn't. They entered a long term contract which is why they can't offer Spotify in the US currently. The only way to get Spotify in the US is to have someone root and hack your car to enable it, and even when it's enabled in the U.S. the next firmware update wipes it back out again. I have it on my car now... until the next firmware update then I have to have it re-enabled. Also, you have to use your own Spotify login, you can't use the generic Tesla one.

It's much much more than just a cable.

If so, that's great, and Tesla finally got out of their Slacker contract.
Using this forum as a “source” is like using Facebook for your political news. I think your theory has many holes.

To be frank, for Spotify, I was operating on information from yesterday before Spotify was officially announced for V10 this afternoon, which I just found out tonight. I've actually been offline all day in the hospital with my mother, so sue me if I missed some information posted 6 hours ago.

Doesn't seem like there's any confirmed information other than Spotify is included in mcu 1 based on the fact that's available in Europe on mcu1.

My "No Spotify" comment wasn't about MCU1 or MCU2, it was just that up until TODAY, Spotify wasn't available IN THE U.S. for ANY MCU unless you could root and hack your car. That's obviously changed. I've had Spotify on my MCU1 car for a while now, so obviously I know MCU1 can support Spotify.

I hope your mother is ok. You still think MCU1 won’t have video support? Just don’t see why that would be the case given the specs of the unit.

For that I rely on credible information from other TMC forum members... there are at least two threads where this was confirmed by smarter people than me. They certainly could be wrong, which means so would I. But I doubt that.

Reactions: GSP and Tdreamer
Think I can stop checking my network to see if my car is connected to Wi-Fi and stop checking my phone for Tesla SW Update notices... for about a week. Sigh... ;)

Elon Musk on Twitter

AboutAWeek-09262019.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Think I can stop checking my network to see if my car is connected to Wi-Fi and stop checking my phone for Tesla SW Update notices... for about a week. Sigh... ;)

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 459408

If it makes you feel any better, I have FSD, I'm set to advanced - and the car insists that it's up to date on 2019.32.2.1. So we're all still waiting for now...