Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was one that got 32.11 with MCU 1. The video features like Netflix and the like aren't there. Caroke is not there either. Spotify is included. Smart summon is included. I have an S so the window venting is not available.

Disappointing but not unexpected. Thanks for the report.

I wonder what the deal with the Windows not being controllable is... (I think they’re on LIN, and IIRC maybe they can only go down remotely but not up again from the MCU?)

Reactions: Utahken
Disappointing but not unexpected. Thanks for the report.

I wonder what the deal with the Windows not being controllable is... (I think they’re on LIN, and IIRC maybe they can only go down remotely but not up again from the MCU?)

Guessing the S is still using some old wiring or method for the windows? Yea punch in the gut now thats it confirmed no video. Wonder if elon will respond to the tweet storm hes gon a get

It will be such a shame if there is never a MCU2 retrofit, appreciate not everything can be upgraded but let’s say Tesla complete FSD next year (stop laughing) how long would that take to upgrade every single 2.5 computer for those that purchased FSD let alone if they did also work with 2.0 cars. Elon said it’s a quick swap out to the 3.0 computer and free for all those who paid for FSD so why not give us an option to pay for a MCU2 retrofit, they can still make money out of us. Yes some will argue that they want us to purchase new cars to get better ‘stuff’ but sometimes they just need to let us loyal buyers that helped get them to where they are today some hope of a future with our current cars.

the number of times I have to reboot MCU1 to get noise back for my indicators, to get music playing again or get phone working, so frustrating. Gave up on Spotify a long time ago as just trying to listen to the radio is bad enough when the MCU decides it needs a reboot.
Wow that’s seriously lame. They basically broke your car with something they said was going to improve your car via an over the air update.

When was it that Elon was saying that the S and X would always be more advanced than the M3? It had to of been prior to when your car was built. I think that was one of his biggest bald faced lies. It’s one thing to lie like that, but then to break our cars via software and not offer an MCU upgrade after saying he would...

I think it's a little fair to be upset that a car built February 28 2018 is outdated by years now over a car built march 1 2018

it’s “unfair” the day I got mine, I could have gotten a 100D for the same price.

it’s “unfair” that I can now get a performance version for less than I paid for mine.

it’s just the way it goes. There are cutoff times.

I am hoping one day we can get MCU upgrades but I’m not holding my breath.

And for Pete’s sake, the car isn’t “outdated by years” until it’s actually “outdated by years”.

there will be things coming out on next years car that current buyers will miss out on.