Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to manually flip yourself to AP2.0 in TeslaFi.

Are you sure this release has the new ELDA? Does the car take corrective action when not in AP to keep you from drifting away from the lane?

Yes, the lane departure options are in the settings now (passive, assist, off, as well as separate emergency option).

Please tell us what does it have and doesn’t have. What country are you from?
Just installed on my 2017 Model S, MCU1, AP2.0 in the United States. As others have said, not everything Tesla has announced. Big missing items are - No theater mode of any kind (Netflix, Youtube, etc.), and no Caraoke. Things you do get (first glance):

- Spotify (note you must have a paid Spotify account and login with those credentials. It instantly showed playlists, albums, etc. from the Spotify library. It also had a "genres" option to pick the various channels (80s hits, 90s rock, etc.). I did NOT see an option to search or add things to Spotify. DId not check to see if the "search for music button" (which does look at Slacker and the USB music) also looks at Spotify now. At first glance it's a basic Spotify interface. Not sure if it is the same as what the European and Australian cars have had all along or something different. Note - Slacker does NOT go away. You just have a spotify button added to the music list of available sources.
- Improved visualization -- supposed to show better road markings, vehicles, etc. Haven't driven yet so can't comment.
- Automatic Lane Change -- I think this is where it shows you where the car will go, but again haven't tested it.
- Improved handling -- I think this is with respect to autopilot and NOA, but not sure.
- Smart Summon -- Haven't tested it yet. Note in the summon settings there is a new button for "standby mode" where the cameras/sensors stay powered up while car is parked so it can start summoning more quickly. Option to have it not do this ever or at home/work/favorites locations.
- New/better maps (not sure what this is). I think it might be where you can click on a point of interest and it will have a pop up with details including phone number, etc. like on google maps but not sure. Also supposed to have better "smart search capability. Not tested yet.
- Joe mode
- Feeling lucky navigation
- I'm hungry navigation
- Improved driver settings. There is now in the "profile" screen a link that will open a pop-up of what gets saved in profiles. Actually pretty useful as this was never really documented. I'm actually surprised at how much is selected/saved by the profile (especially display settings, etc.). The one thing that doesn't appear there (and I don't think ever has) is tying a specific phone to a profile so it connects to that one via bluetooth if both are in the car. Alternatively, I've seen some cars where one phone is the "master" and will always be connected to if multiple phones are in the car. It appears that Tesla is still sticking to the "last phone to be connected will stay connected until you manually choose a different phone if both are in the car.
- Mobile App -- You can now open/close garage door, turn car cold weather mode on (defrost, heat, etc.) view download and installation progress of software updates, send videos to play in Tesla theater (clearly this is language they should have stripped out for the MCU1 cars). Note you need the latest version of the Tesla App (3.10.0) for these to work. I think you also need that version for enhanced/smart summon to work.
- Software Update improvements. I think the big thing is you can now tell what version of the software is being downloaded so you know what you are getting BEFORE you install it.
- Application Launcher. The menu bar for "apps" now has both "Entertainment" (where all the games are) and "Toychest" where all the easter eggs are (fart mode, etc.)

Not mentioned in release notes, but Lane Departure warning is now in the menu as well. Not sure if it was there before or not. Has options for "Off", "Passive" or "Assist". There is also a checkbox a few rows below for "Emergency Lane Departure". Not sure what these do.

All in all a pretty significant update. I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't really care about the Netflix/Youtube stuff and I think Caraoke would have been one of those parlor trick things, but I could see people who drive with kids using it.

I've attached photos of the release notes for those who want to read them. Hope this is of use for those still waiting...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Yes, the lane departure options are in the settings now (passive, assist, off, as well as separate emergency option).

Thanks @croman!

I just went and checked and LDA and ELDA are now there on my MCU1/AP2 S90D. I think it was just added with V10. Although I did not get many of the other V10 features, getting these two safety features are worth the wait.

Last edited:
Got v10 today on my mcu1 AP2 with FSD. Could all be in my mind, but the car handling does feel better. Steering wheel seems more stiffer.
Anyone else or am I imagining this?

I also feel like autopilot is working much better. I feel like it stays more in the lane and doesnt move around as much. Love the new visualizations.

Spotify integration is wonderful. Havent tried advanced summon yet

Just tried enhanced summon on my MCU1/AP2.5 X100D after upgrading to 2019.32.11. Parked at the end of my driveway after picking up the mail. Walked in about 100ft or so and told it to come to me. Well, it proceeded to turn right onto the grass instead of coming forward straight to me. Not sure it's ready for prime time yet...

I just received V10 on 2017 MCU1 AP2.5. The Google chart on Page 9 of this thread is pretty accurate. Lots of fun new UI improvements but this isn't a 'light years' update. That said, I'm happy with the constant updates.

Stings a bit not to get Theater mode but I didn't have it when I bought the car so I'm not one to complain much about being left behind. I didn't have Dash Cam when I bought the car but have it now. I would pay to upgrade though.
You have to manually flip yourself to AP2.0 in TeslaFi.
Agree, but even if they do manually change it to AP2.0 in TeslaFi, then the car will still be shown as 2.5 when updates occur. Maybe TeslaFi is not properly picking up the manual change from the database. James, are you listening? :)

Just tried enhanced summon on my MCU1/AP2.5 X100D after upgrading to 2019.32.11. Parked at the end of my driveway after picking up the mail. Walked in about 100ft or so and told it to come to me. Well, it proceeded to turn right onto the grass instead of coming forward straight to me. Not sure it's ready for prime time yet...

some in the model 3 forum have reported that dropping a pin seems more reliable right now than “come to me”.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and croman