Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot 1 is in your signature line....You know this is AP2+ right???

All cars will get V10. Some sooner than others.

upload_2019-9-29_7-51-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there any way to "force" the update quickly? I am going on a road trip in a few hours, and will not have WiFi during that time - but I'd like to have the latest software.

I do have the setting in the car for early releases, but haven't gotten v10.

That's like asking if Santa can come on Dec 23rd.

Last edited:
Just tried advanced summon on my Jan 2017 S90D HW 2.0 MCU1 and it started up much quicker than I expected. Not sure how much difference “summon standby” makes. Mine was on.

Not perfect but surprisingly good. I went to a hotel and parked the car in the lot. Then stood by the covered entrance and summoned the car based on target. I tried it 3 times. The first time it went under the cover quite well. The second time I parked so it came from another direction and it turned before coming under the cover due to the barrier. Still surprisingly good at navigating the lot but it does need to stay on the proper side of the lane. The third time I parked way out and then realized there is a radius of how far it will go. That’s good.

I did this at 7AM with few people around and no other cars moving. I’d be too nervous trying this in a busy parking lot.

One guy happened to see it as he was getting into his pickup. He said “be careful! It might start going 60 mph!” Before I had a chance to respond, he was gone. Gotta love the misinformation, hate or just plain redneck jealous Michiganders. (And yes, I’m a Michigander.)

I agree with others about the “come to me” option too easy to push on the app main screen. They should have it prompt to make sure prior to starting. So for now I have disabled summon again within the car to prevent any possible accidental starts.

Autopilot was definitely smoother and the updated animations are really nice. Although it does still center itself when an on-ramp has no dividing lines. Other drivers probably think I’m either drunk or avoiding something in the road. Will be glad when that hopefully gets updated since I can’t count on Michigan to be consistent with lines for on-ramps denoting the separate lanes. Some sections of highways do and some don’t.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ishareit
I'm going to take the unconventional point of view here, but on my MCU1, v10 is running surprisingly well. Much faster and cleaner than v9. The browser popped up and worked flawlessly. The nav loads a destination much faster. I'm highly impressed. Certainly not as fast as an MCU2, but much faster than v9 for sure.

I noticed the X at the top left of the browser screen. I wonder if in v9, everything ran in the background and never shut down, and now you can actually shut down background programs to keep memory a little freeer?

It’s coming now for Pre-AP MCU 1
AP 1 should be very soon
Pre Autopilot Totals - 18 Active Cars

Software Version Count Percent
2019.32.11 bac8c51 1 5.6%
2019.32.2.4 2109e05 1 5.6%
2019.32.2.2 da05838 2 11.1%
2019.32.2.1 9b8d6cd 7 38.9%
2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd 2 11.1%
2019.28.2.5 f5ae58a 1 5.6%
2019.16.3.2 a19d0e4 1 5.6%
2019.16.2 73d3f3c 1 5.6%
2019.16.1.1 697c2ff 1 5.6%
2018.39.7 9736c9b 1 5.6%

Hank, as a guy who has "might have" had Spotify for a while, and might have looked into the code lines, do you have any insight as to the bit rate of it vs. Slacker? 128 kbps or 160kbps?

Sorry, I'm not a Tesla hacker**, so I don't get into the internal code. I don't know the Slacker bitrate. I "know people" who have helped me out with other projects (Spotify, etc).

** that is, other than their inventory websites. :D

Sorry, I'm not a Tesla hacker**, so I don't get into the internal code. I don't know the Slacker bitrate. I "know people" who have helped me out with other projects (Spotify, etc).

** that is, other than their inventory websites. :D

I know you know other people. Better than I. That's why I thought I would hit you with it. Well maybe the "people" @wk057 would be kind enough to share some insight. I recall reading some info on the matter from years ago and never really got a definitive answers. I am just curious if the Spotify might be of a higher quality, if the old MCU1 can handle it.

I'm going to take the unconventional point of view here, but on my MCU1, v10 is running surprisingly well. Much faster and cleaner than v9. The browser popped up and worked flawlessly. The nav loads a destination much faster. I'm highly impressed. Certainly not as fast as an MCU2, but much faster than v9 for sure.

I noticed the X at the top left of the browser screen. I wonder if in v9, everything ran in the background and never shut down, and now you can actually shut down background programs to keep memory a little freeer?

I just tried it in mine. I don’t think the browser shuts down when hitting the X because when I was loading a page, I closed it. I opened it and it was at the same point of loading the web page.

I didn’t find the browser to be any faster. Still feels like loading pages with a 14.4 kbps modem. So I don’t use the browser. However the rest of the system seems to work well enough.

Did notice one minor UI bug. If you have camera, media open large and then navigate somewhere, can’t hit the cancel button. Doesn’t recognize the tap. But I can click the settings gear. If I close the camera or shrink the audio, I can tap cancel.

• Helpful
Reactions: ahkahn and Fiddler