Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 model s MCU1 AP2.0 Canada
EAP, no FSD

No adv summon
No theatre mode or games
Yes Spotify
Yes improved map and vis (untested)

Browser no longer has half screen option, 80% screen only, kinda sucks
037836B2-A0DF-4676-8805-A1A865E0CBD4.jpeg

The order of release is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu1. I just heard a model 3 owner that didn't even purchase FSD got the update. So much for early access. Another bs Elon tweet
Your update has been delayed as a punishment for doubting Elon. Had you trusted him that you have early access, and not checked what other owners get, you would have had the update and been happy. You must have complete blind faith in Elon's tweets for them to be true.

I have a 2017 Model S (MCU 1 AP 2.5). I purchased EAP but did not purchase FSD.

I got the software update last night and have all the features available for my specs (Enhanced Summon, Spotify, upgraded visualizations, etc...).

Ditto (but 2018 MCU1, having missed MCU2 by two days...). Got the update last night and drove this morning. Spotify sounds good, but sure was picky about cell reception, stopping frequently in a 1- or 2- bar stretch of road where Slacker rarely has issues. Does Spotify not have any buffering?

Otherwise, I didn't notice a ton of changes on my 12-mile drive to work this a.m. EAP seemed to work at least as well as before, and I didn't have complaints before.

The big thing many of us who have had their Supercharging rates lowered and/or battery capacity involuntarily reduced via a past update want to know -- does v10 change either of these?

I know, people are busy playing with their new toys, but I'm extremely leery of updates now. V10 doesn't look like it would give me much (AP1, MCU1), so I have no problem waiting.

Hey, it's possible they have taken those restrictions off, right?:rolleyes:

The big thing many of us who have had their Supercharging rates lowered and/or battery capacity involuntarily reduced via a past update want to know -- does v10 change either of these?

I know, people are busy playing with their new toys, but I'm extremely leery of updates now. V10 doesn't look like it would give me much (AP1, MCU1), so I have no problem waiting.

As this battery cap & charge speed limit affects 85 batteries, mostly found in nonAP & AP1 cars, I'm sure that explains the delay in the roll-out: team is putting the finishing touch on the BMS update.
And because AP1 & PreAP put less load on MCU1, the dev team is evaluating if they could put Theater in it. And the chromium browser :)

Ok, I'm probably too optimistic :p

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus

Our X will be supercharging later this morning. We'll see...