Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The real question is: are window control modules different on the Model X?

I have a hunch that Model S doesn't have this feature due to button space/distribution on the Tesla app, since Model S is the only model with a possible sunroof configuration, the app would need a "Vent Windows" button in addition to the current "Vent Roof" button.

Im sorry, Art.. while Tesla makes A LOT of horrible and backwards and asinine and brain dead decisions with respect to their UI, I’m sure that’s not the reason MS doesn’t have window venting.

Attachments

• IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 66
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I saw today that the car display accurately shows double yellow, dashed yellow, and single yellow lines (albeit in grey on the display) while driving on a two lane highway. I don't use the display to know when to pass somebody, but every little bit of accurate info on the display is progress.

Yes! Just updated to .11.1 and got.....Spotify! Woohoo.

That’s it folks (for the AP1/MCU1).

Made me rethink going to Amazon Music HD. My home speaker setups around the house sound so much better with the higher quality streaming. But, the ease of using Spotify natively in the car.....

What about V9 bugs such as sound glitches and font corruption? Were they fixed in V10 with MCU1?

I personally don’t care about having Netflix on my car screen, but having a system as stable as V8 would be great. Especially music which now sucks.
Time will tell, it just hit main stream users (or all AP1/MCU1 users) last night. Typically i see some font corruption 1-2 days after an upgrade so I think we will know pretty quickly.

Time will tell, it just hit main stream users (or all AP1/MCU1 users) last night. Typically i see some font corruption 1-2 days after an upgrade so I think we will know pretty quickly.

Do not worry, I had front and UI corruption within 5 hours of getting v10. And audio (Spotify and Tune In) still stutters.

I mean.. there's always v11 (I am saying that because Tesla told me "software updated" were going to fix those issues, it's been a year now..)

Reactions: Jan Fiala
2019.32.11.1, I tested browser (after a scroll-wheel reset followed by "power off" for two minutes and opening a door to startup again).
Fast.com (on wifi) worked, at least. I haven't really used the browser much, it was barely useable in V9.

Confirmed I have "Joe mode". Dumb name. "Quiet mode" might not be the best name either since the car is already ninja-like. "Reduced Alert Volume" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I'm sure someone can come up with something better.
No new games, Netflix, karaoke, or anything like that on my MCU1 car. No Enhanced Summon on AP1. Pretty underwhelming for a full version number increase.
Haven't driven so I can't confirm Lucky/Hungry, or any of the other stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: mike25
Yeah, looks like dumb summon from the videos I’ve seen. I would be pissed if someone decided to waste my time in a parking lot by playing with summon, just to see if it works. Now Imagine 6 people all doing this at the same time in the same parking lot. It would take 10 minutes to drive through that. And I am a Tesla owner. Imagine how the other people feel?

Exactly.

It doesn't respect direction, right-of-way, line markings (like painted spaces), or really anything that isn't a hard obstacle. It just drives directly to where you are trying not to hit anything (and sometimes does so backwards). This is totally impractical in any situation except for those in which there are no other humans present (in or out of cars) and you can guarantee none will become present in the 2-3 minutes (ish) it'll take for the car to summon to you. Unfortunately, that happens to be a exceedingly rare use case in most practical applications (e.g., parking lots).