Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if all the people who don'thave their browser working need to do a full reset or clear most of their navigation history. I know it sucks, but might be something to try since some people (like myself and very short nav history and factory reset about 5k miles ago) have a working browser while others don't.

Just got the dreaded update notification. I though if I drove gently and avoided using as many MCU functions as possible, the Mother Ship would forget about me, but alas...

Eventually I will be tempted after the umpteenth time, to click accept. Can anyone offer a reason to do so? AP1, MCU1, happy with 2019.28.2.5

There has been a number of V10 updates already (2019.32.12.x, x = 1, 2, 3, 8), is it still broken in all of them or are some that are having trouble just waiting for another update? I will say I am dealing with the update nag every morning, but I know how this all works by now :rolleyes:

I wonder if all the people who don'thave their browser working need to do a full reset or clear most of their navigation history. I know it sucks, but might be something to try since some people (like myself and very short nav history and factory reset about 5k miles ago) have a working browser while others don't.

If looking at release notes is same as browser, then taking steps you advised did not work for me. You can also add clearing out trip registers - that didn’t work either. Now in my case, 19.32.12.3 cleared it up. I was about ready to print a paper copy and start carrying it in the car..

I was just playing with my MCU a bit and noticed that the map is considerably faster than before. Also, the overall UI is a lot more fluid somehow. I did get an update in the last few days, I wonder if I am dreaming or if Tesla finally did something right and improved performance? I am very happy with the current state of my MCU.

I was just playing with my MCU a bit and noticed that the map is considerably faster than before. Also, the overall UI is a lot more fluid somehow. I did get an update in the last few days, I wonder if I am dreaming or if Tesla finally did something right and improved performance? I am very happy with the current state of my MCU.
What MCU do you have? What software version are you on? Does your browser work?

Maybe your brain is having a slow day, those birthdays keep on coming, don't they? :p

• Funny
Reactions: darxsys
I am now running 2019.32.12.8 with MCU1 and the browser loads Tesla Waze smoothly with the (almost) full screen.
2019.32.12.3 on MCU1 here and browser doesn't load anything, not even google search or Tesla.com. Reboot didn't help either. No update pending, but even if it comes I will not apply it as the inactive emmc partition is exhibiting issues (before recent update, when it was active, my MCU took 6+ minutes to reboot!). EMMC swap planned soon (in a couple of weeks maybe, need to set aside a full day as I've never done that before).

• Informative
Reactions: DaveBC
2019.32.12.3 on MCU1 here and browser doesn't load anything, not even google search or Tesla.com. Reboot didn't help either. No update pending, but even if it comes I will not apply it as the inactive emmc partition is exhibiting issues (before recent update, when it was active, my MCU took 6+ minutes to reboot!). EMMC swap planned soon (in a couple of weeks maybe, need to set aside a full day as I've never done that before).

Sorry that I haven't read your full post history (You have over 4,000+ posts): I would be curious if you tried the following
  1. Deleted all your trip odometer and rebooted and then then tried your browser.
  2. If that doesnt fix it: Remove all your Map history items (by swiping right to remove them from the list) and reboot and re-try
  3. If that doesnt fix it: Full factory reset
I know those things will take a bit of time (and losing your history can be a pain) but might be something to get more data points on and share with the community. If you've already tried those things (sorry again for not checking your previous posts) then maybe your eMMC swap is the only next step and keep us posted on how that goes.

My browser works. My car (AP1,MCU1) was factory reset about 5 months ago and I only keep about 15 items in my Map history list.

I am now running 2019.32.12.8 with MCU1 and the browser loads Tesla Waze smoothly with the (almost) full screen.
Isn't 2019.32.12.8 a newer version? How did he get so far ahead of us?
My MCU performance is fine too, it's not laggy, but my browser doesn't work and the UI sucks.