Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably have MCU1. However if you have AP2. 5 (like I do.. . With MCU1) you should have smart summon. You should check again. Did you get the updated app from the app store? I am on Android. The app is released. Not sure about iOS but I gotta assume it's out. I bet that's your issue. ... Check for the updated app.
Just updated the app, I have the vent mode for windows, etc. still no smart summon.

I rebooted the mcu. Nothing :(

maybe defective mcu and they should update me to the latest? :)

Attachments

• BD7A83A7-A37A-444D-ABB3-485DFD1E74F9.jpeg
    BD7A83A7-A37A-444D-ABB3-485DFD1E74F9.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
Not sure why you don't think it's the MCU, but it's probably exactly that. The older ARM based MCU simply doesn't have the performance of the Intel based MCU. You can see it in the map scrolling performance and decoding video codecs is even more processor intensive, especially if there's no hardware decoding.
yes, I agree and exactly correct. Somehow siri didn't hear me correctly and I didn't bother to check. ;)

Just updated the app, I have the vent mode for windows, etc. still no smart summon.

I rebooted the mcu. Nothing :(

maybe defective mcu and they should update me to the latest? :)
Vehicle is unplugged from charger, correct? There's no Smart Summon option in the vehicle and it won't show on the app if you're plugged in.

On an unrelated note, I notice that I have LDA and ELDA now on AP2. It might have come in an earlier update and I didn't notice, but it definitely didn't come in the same update that delivered it on AP2.5.

Oct 2017 build, AP2.5, not sure about my MCU version.

I got the update - Arcade (no cuphead), no Theater, no Smart Summon - got 2019.32.11 version stamp. I have FSD.

I have sentry mode (previous update) and I see the new Stand By mode on summon...

You probably have MCU1. However if you have AP2. 5 (like I do.. . With MCU1) you should have smart summon. You should check again. Did you get the updated app from the app store? I am on Android. The app is released. Not sure about iOS but I gotta assume it's out. I bet that's your issue. ... Check for the updated app.

Oct 2017 is definitely MCU 1, since it came out in 2018. My Dec 2017 is MCU 1. I'm also going to be disappointed about the lack of karaoke . Still no update... Driving a few hours tomorrow, hope I get it by then.

Just checked and it does not appear to. Checked my TeslaCam and there were no rear videos. Not sure why that would only be with MCU2.
Agreed on that it doesn't necessarily make sense. Does the video have to go through the MCU on the way to the usb drive? If do, it could be USB bandwidth. Are controllers also only MCU 2? If they upgraded the usb that might make sense.

I wish we could upgrade to MCU2 but so be it. Can't buy a new car every year for hardware upgrades. I went into this 2 years ago knowing that my first Tesla will probably not be my "FSD" Tesla (despite the fact I have FSD). In 3 more years, when MCU 3 or 4 is out, AP 4.0 is out, etc, I'll probably upgrade.

Now if I could convince my wife to get a model 3 that would scratch this itch too!

A
Just got V10 on a May 2017 AP 2.0 MX. Unfortunately can’t access release notes for some reason, but have driven it a good bit, and the new Driving Visualizations are a good bit better, and AP seems like another step forward. The Advanced Summon is pretty sweet as well. Used it in a couple of crowded parking lot settings and it worked flawlessly. Just be prepared for it to stay about 5+ feet from the curb, which I’m sure will be fine tuned in future iterations.
are you sure ap2.0 cars are getting smart summon?

just got the update. kinda bummed- only real update was spotify. no smart summons, tesla theater, cuphead. i have AP 2.0, FSD and 2016 MX. :(
Make sure you update the Tesla app. Nothing shows in the car for Smart Summon. I checked the app store for a Tesla app update yesterday and there was nothing there. My 2016 AP2 MX got Smart Summon and I noticed the Lane Departure Assist and ELDA are there as well.