Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging by the numbers on teslafi, they stopped rolling out to model S and X or a while this morning and early this afternoon (pacific time), but they look to be rolling out again.

Interestingly enough, I see S/X getting both 2019.32.10.2 and 2019.32.10.1 now (except for a couple of cars, all S and X were getting 10.2 this morning).

Still waiting for my update notification!

Seems to be rolling now. I got the update and triggered the install. However, I did get kicked out of the app and can't log back in. Seems their authentication service is down at the moment... getting errors when I manually POST again their OAuth token service.

Windows close on the 3. What do you mean they don’t close ‘automatically’? What does pushing the button again DO?

Nothing. On my Model 3 I can vent then the button changes to "Close" and I can, as expected, close them at that point. On the model X I clicked vent and it warned me "If you vent the window you will be unable to close them unless you do it from the car" or something of that nature. I vented it, and the vent option just grayed out after venting.

Wondering what the limitation is here?

Seems to be rolling now. I got the update and triggered the install. However, I did get kicked out of the app and can't log back in. Seems their authentication service is down at the moment... getting errors when I manually POST again their OAuth token service.
looked like there was another stall, but I'm watching it creep up now. Close to 5% of the teslafi S and X fleet. I'm curious what percentage of that fleet has the FSD early update mode. I'd imagine folks using teslafi are more likely to be enthusiasts who paid for it up front, so it's probably pretty high.

I guess I'm spending my friday night spamming refresh on teslafi

I got kicked out of the app too earlier today.

But to add to the list - I’m another FSD AP2 Model X without the update yet. Neighbor’s Model 3 got it last night. Sigh, Elon...
This is pretty standard for software rollouts. Besides that one car, no S or X teslas got the update until today. Some owners reported endless update downloading, so they've likely been working through issues through the rollout. Looks like there's a steady stream going out to our cars now.

I don’t think so. Ev-FW and Teslafi don’t have any HW2 vehicles with V10 yet.
There's still too few to say anything for sure, but it's looking more like they're waiting on the rollout to AP2.0 for now, which is still well in line with how software rollouts often work. At this point, I'd guess they're staggering hardware versions just like they staggered 3 and S/X. Given the current rollout velocity, it looks like they're more confident that they've got the problems sorted out, so we can hope they open it up to AP2.0 soon.

When FSD purchasers wanted to be enrolled in early access, this is the kind of thing we should expect from it, even if it ended up being implemented a little differently than we expected.

I have Mx 100, mcu 2, ap2.5, FSD

the download started this morning. It kept stopping. Then it disappeared.

About 4pm, a notification for installation.

I got the new update.

Totally impressed with the update so far. In love with the in car Netflix and Hulu/LiveTV. Kids loved this already as we watched waiting for another sibling at an event.

the AP dash screen has been updated with new graphics.

In all, fun times!

Careful with that one. A friend of mine and I took V10 for a drive on his model 3 to the hardware store this morning and tried the "I feel Hungry" feature for breakfast. It wanted to suggest "Mustang Ranch" …. (a house of prostitution). :eek: Nothing there I want to eat :rolleyes:
Lol!! I thought it was supposed to recommend places that are "popular" with other tesla drivers. Lol

Could be a staggered rollout or just a sample size issue. Only 44 / 3255 Model S & X cars on Teslafi have AP 2. At 3.1% of the fleet currently on v 10.0, you'd expect to see only 1 or maybe 2 AP 2.0 cars on it. Seeing 0 is well within reason if they're lumped in with the AP 2.5 rollout.

There is an issue that the Tesla API is currently reporting most cars as AP 2.5, that’s why Teslafi is seeing so many AP 2.5 cars at the moment, in teslafi if you go to settings you can manually classify your car because of this issue.

There is an issue that the Tesla API is currently reporting most cars as AP 2.5, that’s why Teslafi is seeing so many AP 2.5 cars at the moment, in teslafi if you go to settings you can manually classify your car because of this issue.
Oh interesting, I was wondering why there were so few listed, that didn't sound right. Still none of those have it at 5.3% of the fleet covered. The math still works if that's a random sample but who knows if it is. A this point I'd guess AP 2 isn't getting it yet.

Overall deployments have slowed to a trickle at this point. Maybe there'll be another big surge overnight or in the morning. Still nothing for me (I'm AP 2.5).

No update yet on my March 2017 build Model X. I got scared into buying FSD when they said the price was gonna go up, so I should be in that FSD access group.

Either way I’m sure I’ll be receiving some watered down version 10 anyways. Guess my car has to be 1 year newer (03/ 2018) with a 2nd gen MCU to be worthy. Still no hope of an upgrade in sight.

Wish there was a petition forum for us MCU1 Model X and S owners to gather and see what numbers we are in to push for an upgrade path. I’m not asking for anything for free, but how about an option to not have to buy a 2019 Tesla to enjoy the new features.

It’s frustrating watching people who are new to Tesla and spent 50k (or less) on a Model 3, enjoy this stuff while I spent 100k and get no new entertainment features. Where’s the love for the loyal Tesla X and S owners who bought the premium models. I’m not even talking about old cars here. I mean, a Model X or S built in February of 2018, isn’t that old, and is currently stuck with that lousy slow antiquated MCU 1. Come on Tesla. Stop with the Elon said/Tesla said, and let get this done.

Nothing. On my Model 3 I can vent then the button changes to "Close" and I can, as expected, close them at that point. On the model X I clicked vent and it warned me "If you vent the window you will be unable to close them unless you do it from the car" or something of that nature. I vented it, and the vent option just grayed out after venting.

Wondering what the limitation is here?
Yeah that makes no sense. If they updated the API why not both ways. WTF. And why allow one at all. Thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: Silicon Desert
No update yet on my March 2017 build Model X. I got scared into buying FSD when they said the price was gonna go up, so I should be in that FSD access group.

Either way I’m sure I’ll be receiving some watered down version 10 anyways. Guess my car has to be 1 year newer (03/ 2018) with a 2nd gen MCU to be worthy. Still no hope of an upgrade in sight.

Wish there was a petition forum for us MCU1 Model X and S owners to gather and see what numbers we are in to push for an upgrade path. I’m not asking for anything for free, but how about an option to not have to buy a 2019 Tesla to enjoy the new features.

It’s frustrating watching people who are new to Tesla and spent 50k (or less) on a Model 3, enjoy this stuff while I spent 100k and get no new entertainment features. Where’s the love for the loyal Tesla X and S owners who bought the premium models. I’m not even talking about old cars here. I mean, a Model X or S built in February of 2018, isn’t that old, and is currently stuck with that lousy slow antiquated MCU 1. Come on Tesla. Stop with the Elon said/Tesla said, and let get this done.

While it would be nice to have feature parity with the latest models, Tesla are still the only manufacturer who offer any type of updates and improved functionality on older models.

Forget about getting software updates or ANY improved functionality let alone hardware upgrades with any other manufacturer out there - you are locked in time to the features and functionality your car had the moment it rolled off the production line. You don’t even get bug fixes for software issues.

• Love
Reactions: Blastphemy
I paid over 150k for my 2018 P100D then raven came out and the X got WAY cheaper. So much cheaper i could of bought a performance model 3 for the difference. And im still waiting on v10. I also have several refferrals putting me in "priority access updates" thats not "early access". All that being said still love my car!