Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think that people who have older MCUs may be able to get the added features like netflix or hulu if they get their MCUs upgraded? I have a FSD and Elon said that people who have purchased FSD with older hardware will get a future free upgrade of MCU.

Do you think that people who have older MCUs may be able to get the added features like netflix or hulu if they get their MCUs upgraded? I have a FSD and Elon said that people who have purchased FSD with older hardware will get a future free upgrade of MCU.
The free upgrade he promised with FSD (which has started rolling out to a few people) is for the Autopilot computer, not the MCU. He did say at one point that there would be an available paid upgrade from MCI 1 to MCU 2, but this appears to be a more complex upgrade than people anticipated, and Tesla isn't offering this to anyone. If it is offered, no one knows when it will be.

upload_2019-9-30_7-35-0.jpeg
upload_2019-9-30_7-35-0.jpeg

just got the update. kinda bummed- only real update was spotify. no smart summons, tesla theater, cuphead. i have AP 2.0, FSD and 2016 MX. :(
I'll take the Spotify any day!... I'm still in my 2016 MX AP 1.0 P90DL and am afraid we might not even get an update... and if we do, any leftover crumbs will make me happy:) Anyone out there with a MX AP1.0 get any updates yet? or have any predictions of what we might be getting?

Kinda frustrating. Sept 2017 build/ MCU2 1 + AP2.5 + FSD. Updated to 2019.32.11 and so far I don’t see any changes/new features. Rebooted a few times to no avail. I’ll just wait for the magic to happen eventually.
So your "what's updated" screen shows the new items and the car has none of them?
And is yer phone app current? Top of the car view in phone summons has a new button to press, it's "come to me" summons.