Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 X with AP2, mcu1. Release notes don’t load but I have Spotify and new visualization for lane changes. I’m not sure if anyone else notices it, but I feel autopilot is much smoother in this version... curious if any one else agrees?
AP in this build has an interesting behavior w/ Semi’s. It will veer to the left in your lane while passing on the right. That’s definitely a new behavior my passengers noticed. It’s not a smooth glide left, but a sudden correction and then corrects itself upon immediately passing a semi.

I am curious how others observe this behavior?
Good, bad, improvements?

Good, bad, improvements?

IMHO it's a great idea but it needs some work. Once they refine it some I'm sure it will be great but for now it's really unnerving to have the car suddenly swerve to the side of the lane everytime it passes what it sees as a semi. It even does it on mine for semi's when they're two lanes over, and occasionally it misidentifies a truck for a semi and does it then.

Until it's smoothed out be prepared for some angry looks from other drivers. Understandably, of course.. I'd be giving someone an angry look, too, if they suddenly swerved my way for no apparent reason while going 70!

Reactions: muncheroo
AP in this build has an interesting behavior w/ Semi’s. It will veer to the left in your lane while passing on the right. That’s definitely a new behavior my passengers noticed. It’s not a smooth glide left, but a sudden correction and then corrects itself upon immediately passing a semi.

Good, bad, improvements?

Well, If this happens instead of a neck breaking phantom break as it often does in my AP HW3 I'll be very happy with the change :)
Not tested it myself yet, maybe I will take the car to the highway later today.

From my part it seems much better with double centre lines although it still sometimes chooses the "wrong" centre line and stays far to much too the left in the lane. At least I can see when the double lines "merge" in the visualisation and the bug happens.

So your "what's updated" screen shows the new items and the car has none of them?
And is yer phone app current? Top of the car view in phone summons has a new button to press, it's "come to me" summons.

My “What’s updated” screen was blank. I have the current version of the app - I have the new vent option. I disabled “Summon” so I don’t see all that fancy stuff.

Well, If this happens instead of a neck breaking phantom break as it often does in my AP HW3 I'll be very happy with the change :)
Not tested it myself yet, maybe I will take the car to the highway later today.

From my part it seems much better with double centre lines although it still sometimes chooses the "wrong" centre line and stays far to much too the left in the lane. At least I can see when the double lines "merge" in the visualisation and the bug happens.

To clarify my prior post, the lane bump occurs specifically when in the center of 3 lanes on the interstate at freeway speeds. Does not occur on 2 lane interstate roadways. Definitely noticeable.

Hope you have better luck w/ HW3. We are all counting on it.

I take the same stretch of road to work everyday in heavy traffic. A phantom braking spot was mostly gone, same with phantom braking at other spots. I do feel the car backs off a little when it is not sure though.

acceleration off slow down seems quicker.

the ultrasonic sensor seems more sensitive to curbs, it’s like they aimed it lower

I haven’t used smart summon yet. But I had an epiphany this morning. As I left my coffee place and stared at my car - plugged into a supercharger a whopping 60 feet away. I thought to my lazy self. This would be perfect for smart summon so my car can pick me up! If only it wasn’t plugged in....

That’s when it hit me. We need to develop a communication protocol. An unspoken rule. if you’re at a supercharger and the car next to you beeps twice and unlocks the charge port. Unplug it.

If you’re at a supercharger and an empty car comes driving up, pops open the door and beeps once. It is your duty to hop in to park it and plug it in.

I’m going to call this the Herby Protocol.

It’ll be really complicated, lots of liability and stands no chance of working. Who’s with me??

Alternatively..when do we get the sodomizing robot charger we saw 5 years ago?

teslasnake.gif

Ok, I took my X (raven) for a longer drive today in city/high-way/heavy traffic/small road and I got to say the AP software has improved immensely. I've had no phantom breaks of any kind even at the typical spots like oncoming cars, trucks in right lane to me etc. I had one instance where it slowed down but no where near the whiplash inducing breaking it did before.
It also seems that automatic lane changes are much faster and when stopped at a red light or something behind other cars it speeds up much faster once the other cars start to drive.

10/10 from me so far, I'm actually quite impressed of the progress compared to how it was one week ago when I didn't dare put on autopilot with cars behind me and passengers in my car. Now I think I can start using it again.

I'm no longer fighting the auto pilot, it just works..