You can install our site as a web app on your iOS device by utilizing the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari. Please see this thread for more details on this.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
I'm new to the Model 3, so new, in fact, that I don't have it yet! I'm picking it up on December 26th- a long range, with full auto navigation, red exterior and black interior. I'm full of anticipation!
I'm also new to this forum; I joined about 10 minutes ago after looking at it for the last few days. It seems to have a lot of helpful advice.
I have Sirius in my present car and use it only on trips of several hours. My sales people say the car does not do Sirius, but you folks have been getting it through the car computer? That is what I would prefer. I do not want to add an antenna, route wires for the antenna and power and use a separate Sirius receiver broadcasting to the car through Bluetooth.
How will I set it up?
Thanks in advance.
If it is only through my phone won't I have to fiddle with that small screen to change stations, etc? I'd rather use the big screen.
Thank you. A sales person at the local Tesla dealer today said that Sirius is not embedded in the software and suggested using it on the phone, as you do. He didn't mention asking Google to do the changes, but that is a great idea. I've found Google's responsiveness in my car with Android Auto to be very good.I use the SiriusXM app through my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+), and it generally works fine. I can change stations by using the Google Assistant. I simply say, "OK Google, play [name of station] on SiriusXM", and Google Assistant will change the station. I've also used Echo Auto to do the same thing. It's not quite as convenient as having a "button" to press to change the station, but it works fairly well.
Your only option will be to use the Sirius app on your phone and stream it through bluetooth. I use it this way every day... I'd say about 75% of the time when I get in the car, the phone connects and it will start playing the same station I was on when I got out. The other 25% of the time, I have to open the app on the phone and start it playing.How will I set it up?