Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any idea when we will get to see this Version 10 and will we be able to utilize all these new features with our Standard plus model 3?
how are the upgrades distributed? can someone explain how one know when they will be getting the latest updates?

V10 is still in early testing. Until Tesla decides it is ready for a wide rollout it will stay there. I would guess that we will see it within the next 30 days, but that's just my guess. You will get a notification on the car screen as well as your phone app whenever a new software update is available for your vehicle. You wouldn't really want it until it's relatively bug free anyway so just be patient. It will come when it's ready.

Thoughts on features that will be available for SR+ which has no premium connectivity in V10?

Im thinking careoke prob won't be. Hopefully Spotify and Netflix are. included since it still requires premium subscriptuon of each service.

"Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars."

All V10 features are included for SR/SR+ owners as well as the above. Now if they just give us the option for premium connectivity that would be great! No wifi required.

"Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars."

All V10 features are included for SR/SR+ owners as well as the above. Now if they just give us the option for premium connectivity that would be great! No wifi required.

While it is good that they included. Allowing audio only while on wifi is disappointing. Hopefully option to pay for premium connectivity soon....

Maybe they will add WiFi to all the superchargers! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee that’s be awesome! Exclusive password lock, tesla only WiFi network.

That’s something Elon has said he wants to do... but when you have half built superchargers for 120+ days... I doubt we’ll see WiFi roll out very fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if his SpaceX Internet was available first.

I do think we’re getting closer to premium connectivity. If the software is on the SR+ now and they’ve shown some early data tracking results all they need to do is fire up the billing side of things.

Curious if they finally rolled it out to SR+ because so much of V10 is data heavy. YouTube, Hulu, NetFlix, karaoke, Spotify is like 75% of the “huge” new features, and none of those would have been on the SR+...

That’s something Elon has said he wants to do... but when you have half built superchargers for 120+ days... I doubt we’ll see WiFi roll out very fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if his SpaceX Internet was available first.

I do think we’re getting closer to premium connectivity. If the software is on the SR+ now and they’ve shown some early data tracking results all they need to do is fire up the billing side of things.

Curious if they finally rolled it out to SR+ because so much of V10 is data heavy. YouTube, Hulu, NetFlix, karaoke, Spotify is like 75% of the “huge” new features, and none of those would have been on the SR+...

I'm really wondering the same thing. Hope they roll out a payment option soon, Spotify on wifi only is like giving me a Tesla and no where to charge.