TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Kath, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Kath

Kath Member

Anyone have any idea when we will get to see this Version 10 and will we be able to utilize all these new features with our Standard plus model 3?
    how are the upgrades distributed? can someone explain how one know when they will be getting the latest updates?

2. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

V10 is still in early testing. Until Tesla decides it is ready for a wide rollout it will stay there. I would guess that we will see it within the next 30 days, but that's just my guess. You will get a notification on the car screen as well as your phone app whenever a new software update is available for your vehicle. You wouldn't really want it until it's relatively bug free anyway so just be patient. It will come when it's ready.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. Kath

Kath Member

thank you and you are right. bug free is always better and worth waiting for.

I just can't wait for it.. it looks and sounds great!

4. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

Feh. Commoners. V9 is good enough for you (waves hand dismissively).

(totally kidding, hope we get it soon!)

• Funny x 4
  5. justsomeguy

justsomeguy Member

I think they delayed rollout to fix some bugs. Probably in the next month for wider EAP then a few weeks for mass rollout?

6. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely :p

7. notAnExpert

notAnExpert Member

Would that be any different from "next week"?;)

8. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see V10 roll out within 30 days, but without Smart Summon initially. You know, if we're checking our crystal balls...

9. Pluto1

Pluto1 Member

Thoughts on features that will be available for SR+ which has no premium connectivity in V10?

Im thinking careoke prob won't be. Hopefully Spotify and Netflix are. included since it still requires premium subscriptuon of each service.

10. zackmd1

zackmd1 Member

"Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
    To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars."

All V10 features are included for SR/SR+ owners as well as the above. Now if they just give us the option for premium connectivity that would be great! No wifi required.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. Pluto1

Pluto1 Member

Just saw after posting this. Thanks!

• Like x 2
  12. Pluto1

Pluto1 Member

While it is good that they included. Allowing audio only while on wifi is disappointing. Hopefully option to pay for premium connectivity soon....

• Like x 2
  13. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Active Member

At least for people with unlimited mobile data plans, they could use their phones as hotspots for streaming music.

• Like x 1
  14. Pluto1

Pluto1 Member

Yeah I'm looking into whether my basic t-mobile one unlimited plans slow Hotspot will be enough go use this for stream.

15. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Active Member

Will wifi work when not in drive so that you can hotspot?

16. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

Maybe they will add WiFi to all the superchargers! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee that’s be awesome! Exclusive password lock, tesla only WiFi network.

• Like x 2
  17. acarney

acarney Active Member

That’s something Elon has said he wants to do... but when you have half built superchargers for 120+ days... I doubt we’ll see WiFi roll out very fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if his SpaceX Internet was available first.

I do think we’re getting closer to premium connectivity. If the software is on the SR+ now and they’ve shown some early data tracking results all they need to do is fire up the billing side of things.

Curious if they finally rolled it out to SR+ because so much of V10 is data heavy. YouTube, Hulu, NetFlix, karaoke, Spotify is like 75% of the “huge” new features, and none of those would have been on the SR+...

18. ElectricEel

ElectricEel Member

I'm really wondering the same thing. Hope they roll out a payment option soon, Spotify on wifi only is like giving me a Tesla and no where to charge.

19. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

Wish they would have regular internet (streaming music via tune-in, slacker, map/traffic life, for 5yrs free lol). Premium lte for YouTube and Netflix should be paid premium service.

20. newtonfb

newtonfb Member

Owner on reddit with SR+ says he can use Spotify on while driving and no wifi.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1