Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Device holder were you using with the Center Dash mount to let the 7" tablet sit horizontal?

Are you still using this setup, or did you get something more permanent?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I'm still using the bracket in the link in my original post, but it positioned the tab too high, so I took a piece of 4x4 wood and cut an extension to the bracket that moved the tab closer to the edge of the dash and even over hangs it a bit so I could see most of the tab through the steering wheel. I then painted it black and attached the tab to the wood with double sided tape with the charging port on the right side (so when it needs recharging I pull a USB cable out of the console and hook it up to charge). Still retaining the black and white interior.

Here's a PIC of the finished mount:

extension.jpg

And a view through the steering wheel:

Tablet Jr.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I'm still using the bracket in the link in my original post, but it positioned the tab too high, so I took a piece of 4x4 wood and cut an extension to the bracket that moved the tab closer to the edge of the dash and even over hangs it a bit so I could see most of the tab through the steering wheel. I then painted it black and attached the tab to the wood with double sided tape with the charging port on the right side (so when it needs recharging I pull a USB cable out of the console and hook it up to charge). Still retaining the black and white interior.

Here's a PIC of the finished mount:

View attachment 485353

And a view through the steering wheel:

View attachment 485357

Awesome, thanks! I have an old Nexus 7 which I do not use at all which I am thinking of re-purposing.