Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owner on reddit with SR+ says he can use Spotify on while driving and no wifi.

This is really good news, because I actually think WiFi doesn’t work while the car is in drive? I installed an outdoor WiFi router on my garage wall and the signal should reach the street (my phone holds the connection) but my Tesla never switches from LTE to WiFi until I put it into park...

So this could rule out the cellphone hotspot plan...

I have a SR+ after one of the earlier updates I had Slacker for one day and then it went away as quickly as it appeared. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what's going on with the reddit user. I can hotspot my phone to my car. I wonder if that will work as "WiFi"? We'll see when v10 makes it way down to me.

"Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars."

All V10 features are included for SR/SR+ owners as well as the above. Now if they just give us the option for premium connectivity that would be great! No wifi required.
so is the browser accessible while not parked and not on wifi?

Got the update last night (SR+ with FSD). This is my finding this morning (in the driveway):

B1EDE5BB-EC07-4927-A313-F1E63FA64DC5.jpeg

Seems too good to be true (and unfair to premium interior owners), so I don’t expect it to last. But it’s nice for now!