Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v10 software not available ?

neilstafford

Oct 27, 2019
stafford
I've just taken ownership of a lovely model s p85d which has version 9 software loaded. I know version 10 has now been released but my car is still saying it has version 9 and that it's up to date? it doesnt give me any options to install version 10. any thoughts ? cheers.

Chickenlittle

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Virginia
I've just taken ownership of a lovely model s p85d which has version 9 software loaded. I know version 10 has now been released but my car is still saying it has version 9 and that it's up to date? it doesnt give me any options to install version 10. any thoughts ? cheers.
Did you pay for it? Just joking. Do you have the car listed in your app yet?

neilstafford

Oct 27, 2019
stafford
No not yet. I'm just waiting for the V5 to come back and I believe I have to send a copy with my driving licence to tesla to let them register the app or something ?

cheers for replying.

neil

Alysashley79

Oct 4, 2013
Seattle(ish) WA
Tesla is on Tesla time and when they start releasing an update it doesn’t come to all the cars at the same time. It’s not like apple when they release their IOS and it’s available to everyone. Sometimes you have to go looking. When the software it sent to your car it’ll let you know.
Since it’s used and doesn’t sound like you bought from Tesla directly it can take I think 5 business days once they have all the needed docs from you which you should’ve able to upload into your Tesla account and then the car will be transferred to you and have access to the app.

neilstafford

Oct 27, 2019
stafford
Tesla is on Tesla time and when they start releasing an update it doesn’t come to all the cars at the same time. It’s not like apple when they release their IOS and it’s available to everyone. Sometimes you have to go looking. When the software it sent to your car it’ll let you know.
Since it’s used and doesn’t sound like you bought from Tesla directly it can take I think 5 business days once they have all the needed docs from you which you should’ve able to upload into your Tesla account and then the car will be transferred to you and have access to the app.

Hi thanks.. with regards to tesla account. is this the tesla app which I download or the web page I log onto ?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC