Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Spotify Bit Transfer Rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVortex

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2018
Florida
Now that Spotify is available in the US in V10, does anyone know what the maximum bit transfer rate is in the Model S? I have premium Slacker and I believe I get 128kbs. I signed up for Spotify Premium and it allows configurable options for streaming and download bit rates. Default for streaming is “auto.” It would be good to know the default and maximum transfer rate for Spotify in the Model S.

Reactions: MaxPain
Now that Spotify is available in the US in V10, does anyone know what the maximum bit transfer rate is in the Model S? I have premium Slacker and I believe I get 128kbs. I signed up for Spotify Premium and it allows configurable options for streaming and download bit rates. Default for streaming is “auto.” It would be good to know the default and maximum transfer rate for Spotify in the Model S.
I haven't done extensive listening but my guess is it is 128. I felt like I could hear a difference (Spotify via my phone over BT sounded better).
I have the streaming audio set to auto quality on my phone app but was playing something I've downloaded at extreme quality lto the car

I haven't done extensive listening but my guess is it is 128. I felt like I could hear a difference (Spotify via my phone over BT sounded better).
I have the streaming audio set to auto quality on my phone app but was playing something I've downloaded at extreme quality lto the car

I think you may be right. I have played the same song in the car on Slacker Premium at 128 and on Spotify Premium and they seem very similar. I have Spotify configured in the app to stream at the “high” rate of 160, but I don’t know if it streams to the car at that rate - it seems more like 128, but I don’t know for sure.

I think you may be right. I have played the same song in the car on Slacker Premium at 128 and on Spotify Premium and they seem very similar. I have Spotify configured in the app to stream at the “high” rate of 160, but I don’t know if it streams to the car at that rate - it seems more like 128, but I don’t know for sure.
Your best bet is to download a few songs to your phone. Before you do it set the download quality to extreme. If you have a reasonably new smartphone it should support Bluetooth connections at the extreme bitrate.