TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

v10 - Spotify Connect

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by LTskier, Sep 28, 2019.

1. LTskier

LTskier New Member

I noticed on my phone and computer that my Model 3 is a Spotify Connect target when it's in the garage on wifi. What's the use case, if any, for this? I stumbled across this when I payed Spotify on the computer and no sound... it was sending to the car :)

• Funny x 1
  2. motocoder

motocoder M3 LR AWD w/FSD and premium interior

Probably a feature of the Spotify software that there either wasn't time to remove or someone forgot to remove.

3. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

If you're not the only driver of that car it's the perfect opportunity to play DJ for someone ;)

4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I am super excited about this feature. My husband and I often play DJ for each other while sitting listening to music. Now the person in the passenger seat can pick songs and queue them up on the car stereo while on a trip.

• Like x 1
  5. EVinAZ

EVinAZ Member

Just signed up for Spotify Premium today to have it in my Model 3. I created playlists on my home computer, and they showed up fine on my iPhone. But nothing since to the Tesla. Shouldn't those tracks be everywhere?

What am I missing here? Thanks

6. Az_Rael

I am having the same issue. Not sure how often the car is updating the Your Library section. I added a bunch of stations, but none have sync'd to the car yet. Tried a reboot as well as logging off and logging back in, no luck forcing a sync.

7. EVinAZ

EVinAZ Member

I tried all those steps too with no luck at all. I guess I'll report to Tesla and Spotify.

8. motocoder

motocoder M3 LR AWD w/FSD and premium interior

Oh, that's a great idea!

9. Az_Rael

Left the car overnight on WiFi, no luck with my playlists updating. Logged out and back into Spotify which seemed to work this time.

Still can’t get any stations to show up. Stations seems to be in a separate app and don’t show in the main Spotify app, so maybe that is why?

10. EVinAZ

EVinAZ Member

Tried that this morning... no joy. Spotify in Tesla simply not synching. Drat!