Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Trunk Open and Charge Port Release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the issue? Opening the trunk should never have opened the charge port. Do you mean with v10 you couldn’t open the charge port with the trunk open and rebooting fixed it? Makes no sense.

Neither of my cars have ever opened the charge port when opening the trunk unless you are holding down fobs way too long. Holding down the fob trunk button opens the charge port, no? Does the 3 fob do this?

What was the issue? Opening the trunk should never have opened the charge port. Do you mean with v10 you couldn’t open the charge port with the trunk open and rebooting fixed it? Makes no sense.

Neither of my cars have ever opened the charge port when opening the trunk unless you are holding down fobs way too long. Holding down the fob trunk button opens the charge port, no? Does the 3 fob do this?

I think you misunderstood, they meant the lock in the charge port that locks the charger in. Opening the trunk lets you disengage the lock in the charge port letting you unplug the charger.

I think you misunderstood, they meant the lock in the charge port that locks the charger in. Opening the trunk lets you disengage the lock in the charge port letting you unplug the charger.
Ah, that makes more sense, lol. Thanks!

Yeah; any unlocking of the car, including opening the trunk will/should unlock the secured/locked charger in the port. A 3 needs to be unlocked by trunk or door handle, an S or X you can just walk up to, of course.

I do the same thing. Open the trunk to unlock the charge port in the morning as it locks once charging is complete. It’s difficult to access the driver side doors with my charge cable is plugged.

it would be nice to be able to geofence the charge port so it doesn’t lock at home as it is kind of a hassle to unlock it in the morning.

Reactions: CharleyBC

When I say “released”