Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.1 [Release notes same as previous V10 versions]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any ideas what the changes are? Think this is the first time I've seen an update before anyone else has reported it available (if my searching is working).

I do wish Tesla could be a little more transparent on what the changes are... Changelog, pls Elon, kthx.

Here, I've got you covered as if it were the phone world. I found your patch notes:

Bug fixes and performance enhancements to v10 UI.

In all seriousness, it's a bug fix patch and given the size of the update, likely includes a new NN. With smart summon finally hitting the masses, we are likely to see a lot of NN updates over the next several months.

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66 and nvx1977
Anybody else noticing in Autopilot car is not centered in lane and favors the left a bit. Only started to happen recently after upgrade to V10.

I've noticed that V10 AP no longer sticks to the center of the lane, it is more dynamic. If you pass a 18 wheeler it will shift over a tad, which is more human like, and for me reduces and AP anxiety. So yeah its no longer laser locked in the center of the lane, it is more discerning and adjusts to circumstances.

A welcome change.

It's a feature of V10 that autopilot will shy away (move to left or right third of the lane) from large trucks and vans when you're passing them. Shouldn't be happening when you're not next to a big vehicle, though.

I'm not one to generally ask about disagrees on this forum, but why did you disagree with this @MasterT ? It's an objective fact that this is a feature of V10. Here's an article about it: Tesla Autopilot exhibits extra-defensive behavior while overtaking large trucks

Anybody else noticing in Autopilot car is not centered in lane and favors the left a bit. Only started to happen recently after upgrade to V10.

I've noticed the issue ... especially on curvy roads. I talked to one of the local tesla technicians as he was fixing my car, he mentioned that this is not a hardware issue, a future release should fix the "lane hugging" issue

I'm not one to generally ask about disagrees on this forum, but why did you disagree with this @MasterT ? It's an objective fact that this is a feature of V10. Here's an article about it: Tesla Autopilot exhibits extra-defensive behavior while overtaking large trucks
One odd thing about this forum. Thumb up means “like”, so one might expect thumb down means “dislike” when in fact it means “disagree”. So maybe he wasn’t really disagreeing with you, but just saying he didn’t like the feature.

I just got it installed.
58AAA8FC-61CD-480E-A40E-F39D972C00C4.jpeg

I did notice that a USB option popped up in my Media screen that I have never seen before. (I don't have any MP3 or music files on my flash drive). The MP4 files of Sentry and TeslaCam are shown, but don't play.

The USB option popped up as I was notified of 2019.32.12.1, but before I installed it.

71930452_2724645974232614_8209473680112091136_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66 and jebinc
Hopefully Spotify gets better. While I'm glad we have it now, it has not worked well at all in my car and freezes a couple times a drive, so I've stopped using the native Tesla Spotify app and streaming via BT. I've noticed the autopilot isn't following as closely as it did before the update in stop and go traffic (daily occurrence here), so hopefully that gets better with the next update.

I totally agree with you... i thought that it was only me with the Spotify app issues. I had to "reset" by pressing both scroll wheels in order to get Spotify playing again. Hopefully that is fixed because I was reporting it via "bug report" feature.

With all the Hooha surrounding Smart Summon I hope they *DO* remove it.

Absolutely not. You have to understand that Smart Summon is not the feature. But it is critical that this ability be delivered out to the fleet for learning.

If you had to enumerate the challenges to achieving FSD and/or a robotaxi fleet, what would they be? Obviously highway driving would be on the list, and Tesla has done a really good job with this as it is nearly as good as an attentive human driver under many circumstances. But what other challenges are there? Obviously city/residential driving is an immensely challenging task. It means understanding signage and making complex decisions based on defined rules, occasionally in tight quarters. But as you think through the list, what is the absolute most challenging problem of all to solve?

It's picking up and dropping off passengers at their destination. It is not sufficient to park at the exit ramp to a major highway to drop off a passenger. Nor is it sufficient to park at the parking lot entrance to a shopping center to pick someone up. The absolute hardest problem to solve is the wild west that is complex parking areas. And instead of saving the hardest problem for last, they are addressing it right now. And the very early "beta" version is what we've received as Smart Summon.

Rolling out Smart Summon and getting feedback from its usage is absolutely critical to achieving FSD and robotaxis. Rolling it back would be a travesty. Smart Summon is our opportunity to teach our cars true FSD. It has some bugs, but it can only get better if we actually use it.

Absolutely not. You have to understand that Smart Summon is not the feature. But it is critical that this ability be delivered out to the fleet for learning.

If you had to enumerate the challenges to achieving FSD and/or a robotaxi fleet, what would they be? Obviously highway driving would be on the list, and Tesla has done a really good job with this as it is nearly as good as an attentive human driver under many circumstances. But what other challenges are there? Obviously city/residential driving is an immensely challenging task. It means understanding signage and making complex decisions based on defined rules, occasionally in tight quarters. But as you think through the list, what is the absolute most challenging problem of all to solve?

It's picking up and dropping off passengers at their destination. It is not sufficient to park at the exit ramp to a major highway to drop off a passenger. Nor is it sufficient to park at the parking lot entrance to a shopping center to pick someone up. The absolute hardest problem to solve is the wild west that is complex parking areas. And instead of saving the hardest problem for last, they are addressing it right now. And the very early "beta" version is what we've received as Smart Summon.

Rolling out Smart Summon and getting feedback from its usage is absolutely critical to achieving FSD and robotaxis. Rolling it back would be a travesty. Smart Summon is our opportunity to teach our cars true FSD. It has some bugs, but it can only get better if we actually use it.

Impressive first post. Welcome :)

Totally agree.

Will I use Smart Summon regularly in it's current state? Nope. Is it an impressive display of what's possible with the current hardware? Absolutely.

Bug report has been there for years, hope they do actually use them. There have been differing reports that Tesla can actually pull/get the reports in real time.

I also noticed that the ‘update waiting’ notification is also present on the app. Don’t know if that was there from the beginning of the ‘off WiFi’ notification in the car or not as we haven’t gotten many new releases when off wifi. Great work in any case, Tesla! No more running to the car to check!

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I did notice that a USB option popped up in my Media screen that I have never seen before. (I don't have any MP3 or music files on my flash drive). The MP4 files of Sentry and TeslaCam are shown, but don't play.

The USB option popped up as I was notified of 2019.32.12.1, but before I installed it.

Wow. Does it play the video file? Or is it just playing the audio of the video file?

Glad I'm not the only one its been freaking me out. Fingers crossed this update fixes it

it depends on what side of the road the vehicle is on. Because I've been having the same issue and then reporting it every time it does it. It doesn't matter which side of the lane, if a large vehicle like a semi truck comes up on your one side then it will veer to the opposite side of the lane to avoid it.
there is a lot of cases where I wish I could go back to version 9 just because the additional features and version 10 aren't worth the downgrade I felt that the autopilot system got in this version. I use autopilot all the time and that is the key feature I'm always looking for that have been proved and it's all like version 10 was a downgrade cuz it made the car feel less safe due to new behavior that the car exhibited.