Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange, got the notification on my car that it was ready to download while I was at work. Just got home and after my car connected to WiFi the update was no longer available and my car says that the software is up to date. Did a two button reboot and the software screen in the menus briefly said “checking for updates” right after the reboot finished but it still claims I’m up to date with 2019.32.12.1. Guess 2019.32.12.2 got pulled from my car.

Same got home connected to WiFi and the update disappeared

Uh, you got guts or confidence. :D I never do that before a long trip. Got burned on doing that 2 years ago. Now I want to have at least a couple weeks of driving with a known set of capability before I go on a long trip. One of these days you will find out what I mean :)
Yeah, I hear ya. This is our fifth V10 installation in about two weeks. I'm figuring they're squashing bugs left and right, and I'm totally gambling that this is more stable...

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
And as I hit send here it comes Go Figure
FC6456E4-7B4A-4DB8-B1D4-3E1D9D3995C0.jpeg

Random question.

I thought the car was supposed to download updates over LTE but I kept getting prompts to connect to wifi to update. I finally figured out a way to get my car closer to my house and connect to the wifi (my standalone garage doesn't get wifi signal) to download v10, but I don't want to have to do this every time there's an update. Will it eventually download over LTE but there's going to be a delay? Or do I need to connect to wifi to get updates?

Random question.

I thought the car was supposed to download updates over LTE but I kept getting prompts to connect to wifi to update. I finally figured out a way to get my car closer to my house and connect to the wifi (my standalone garage doesn't get wifi signal) to download v10, but I don't want to have to do this every time there's an update. Will it eventually download over LTE but there's going to be a delay? Or do I need to connect to wifi to get updates?
My son lives in an apartment complex, where his car can't get on WiFi. In the past, he used to get updates over LTE. But he hasn't for months now lately. He's totally left out of V10 thus far.

My son lives in an apartment complex, where his car can't get on WiFi. In the past, he used to get updates over LTE. But he hasn't for months now lately. He's totally left out of V10 thus far.
Same with me. I got the car in July and I've received at least one update over LTE, but v10 wasn't coming through. It did say an update was available so I'm not sure what's going on. Someone might have to tweet Elon.

Random question.

Do you have the partial premium interior? If so then you don't get all the updates over LTE.
Capture.PNG

Tesla's ambiguity and mystery around their recent updates is a bit sophomoric and irresponsible on their part. It's be nice if they had the common courtesy to inform owners who, for safety's sake, deserve to know what is being changed or updated on their vehicle(s). People in Tesla's PR and legal departments ought to pay a little more attention to owner's legitimate concerns.

Just wait a minute and it automatically downloads. Parked on driveway connected to wifi, first it said up to date, went inside the house in less than a minute it was about 98%. Now installing and about to complete that too. All in 20 mins total. So don't worry. It seems like bug fixes.

Mine also doesn’t download an update over LTE. But there is sort of a work around. I use my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot and connect my Tesla to my iPhone hotspot. It will use your phone data though;).

Random question.

You could try powerline adapters and a wireless access point in the garage
powerline uses electrical wiring to create cabled network connection
if you have 3phase power they need to be on the same phase
A kit will usually come with 2 paired units, you can add more if needed.

1: Connect one powerline adapter to your router via network cable
plug it into a wall outlet.
2: In the garage plug the other powerline
adapter in wall outlet - bazinga cabled network outlet in the garage
3: Configure your wireless AP connect it to the powerline in the garage
Profit: Enjoy downloading software updates over WI-fi

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Same with me. I got the car in July and I've received at least one update over LTE, but v10 wasn't coming through. It did say an update was available so I'm not sure what's going on. Someone might have to tweet Elon.

My understanding is that only safety sensetive updates are being pushed over LTE now.

Installing new update tonight!

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
I checked the release notes and same as 11, 11.1, and 12.1. Nothing new. I did not drive yet. However, the music sounded superb. Or it is just the songs that were playing like Charlie Puth, Maroon 5. Also, I had problem with music not playing consistently after 11 update after my car is started. Now that is fixed at least for me.