Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random question.

I thought the car was supposed to download updates over LTE but I kept getting prompts to connect to wifi to update. I finally figured out a way to get my car closer to my house and connect to the wifi (my standalone garage doesn't get wifi signal) to download v10, but I don't want to have to do this every time there's an update. Will it eventually download over LTE but there's going to be a delay? Or do I need to connect to wifi to get updates?

Unless it is considered a "critical" update, you will likely need to get on wifi.

Random question.

I thought the car was supposed to download updates over LTE but I kept getting prompts to connect to wifi to update. I finally figured out a way to get my car closer to my house and connect to the wifi (my standalone garage doesn't get wifi signal) to download v10, but I don't want to have to do this every time there's an update. Will it eventually download over LTE but there's going to be a delay? Or do I need to connect to wifi to get updates?

My son lives in an apartment complex, where his car can't get on WiFi. In the past, he used to get updates over LTE. But he hasn't for months now lately. He's totally left out of V10 thus far.

Same with me. I got the car in July and I've received at least one update over LTE, but v10 wasn't coming through. It did say an update was available so I'm not sure what's going on. Someone might have to tweet Elon.

Mine also doesn’t download an update over LTE. But there is sort of a work around. I use my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot and connect my Tesla to my iPhone hotspot. It will use your phone data though;).

Can't you guys go park at a McDonald's or Starbucks or somewhere like that with free WiFi? PITA but better than no updates or burning through your data plans...

Reactions: radiocycle
Can't you guys go park at a McDonald's or Starbucks or somewhere like that with free WiFi? PITA but better than no updates or burning through your data plans...
No. McDonalds and Starbucks have a click-through agreement on the first connection. Tesla can't use such connections, unfortunately.

You can fudge it by changing your laptop's MAC address to be the same as Model 3's, authenticate with the network and then allow Tesla to connect. But for most people a mobile hotspot is probably the best way.

I was in Spain for the last 4 weeks...Got notification that I have an update....waited till I got home yesterday and did update today.......I first clicked on the green down arrow and the screen said downloading software.....then after 8 min, got message saying it was installing software....after 20 min, message said install was complete, but never had a black screen, just the black “T” at the end.......then checked and nothing had happened.....did not notice and changes.........then saw the green arrow again with the yellow face....pressed green download arrow and the yellow face.......started again with installing message and in 3 min, screen went black and the completed message again showed up....This time, seems like all is good.....got all the notes and revision explanations....will test drive tomorrow

EDIT: got version 10 19.32.12.2 from v9.0 19.32.2.2...........did not get v10 19.32.2.1

Last edited:
No. McDonalds and Starbucks have a click-through agreement on the first connection. Tesla can't use such connections, unfortunately.

You can fudge it by changing your laptop's MAC address to be the same as Model 3's, authenticate with the network and then allow Tesla to connect. But for most people a mobile hotspot is probably the best way.

Gotcha, didn't realize that wouldn't work with the Tesla browser. Thanks for explaining.

Got the notification for it today, just installed 12.1 like two days ago.

Really hoping at some point the sms notifications get included. Still can't believe for the level of tech in this car it doesn't did sms notifications

What sms notifications are you looking for? I get alerts on my phone - the sms would be redundant.

I got 12.2 today, my fifth v10 update in the last two weeks:

Software Version.........Date Installed
2019.32.12.2 58f3b76.....10/11/2019 18:41
2019.32.12.1 641e9fa.....10/10/2019 12:05
2019.32.11.1 d39e85a.....10/03/2019 18:29
2019.32.11 bac8c51 ......09/28/2019 20:16
2019.32.10.1 0874034.....09/27/2019 13:50

Reactions: SCW-Greg
I was in Spain for the last 4 weeks...Got notification that I have an update....waited till I got home yesterday and did update today.......I first clicked on the green down arrow and the screen said downloading software.....then after 8 min, got message saying it was installing software....after 20 min, message said install was complete, but never had a black screen, just the black “T” at the end.......then checked and nothing had happened.....did not notice and changes.........then saw the green arrow again with the yellow face....pressed green download arrow and the yellow face.......started again with installing message and in 3 min, screen went black and the completed message again showed up....This time, seems like all is good.....got all the notes and revision explanations....will test drive tomorrow

EDIT: got version 10 19.32.12.2 from v9.0 19.32.2.2...........did not get v10 19.32.2.1

Spain in on our bucket list....Not to hijack your post, I was in Africa in July this year, got notifications there was software update...pressed the button and voila it updated. I had another one a week later en route.

Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that 32.2.2 was available a day after I got 32.2.1...loving it so far

My M3 says that 2019.32.12.2 is available for download. When I try to download, it says that software is up to date...
I'm currently on 2019.32.12.1.
So this morning I have been running to an from ny car several times...
A bit strange:)

I was notified and installed 32.12.1 yesterday and I have the update notification again today, I guess they made something worse that needed a quick fix!
I got notified Thursday evening that 32.12.1 was ready for download. It didn’t update overnight (although my car has full bars wifi, my Internet to the house is slow &spotty).

Got home late last night, car still said it waiting to download 12.1, only a few percent were down according to profess bar. This morning the car had 12.2 down, ready to patch.

I did, of course. He's nervous about the hit to his data plan. You can't have everything!
Does he ever drive near a Service Center? I don’t know if still true but at one point you could patch at some locations by parking in wifi coverage there.

Even earlier it would trigger the car update to newest even without a manual prod by a Tech, but that behavior is gone I think. Now you have to wait for Tesla-side for the car to go into “update ready to download” (be it manual by Tech or selected by Tesla servers).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC
My M3 says that 2019.32.12.2 is available for download. When I try to download, it says that software is up to date...
I'm currently on 2019.32.12.1.
So this morning I have been running to an from ny car several times...
A bit strange:)

This was a weird rollout. All day yesterday, my car said to connect to wifi to download the update. When I got home and connected to wifi, it wouldn't download. I did the two-button tango and it still wouldn't download.

I left the house and then returned, and when I got back and reconnected, the software update was gone. Ran an errand, and the download notification showed again. Got home and it downloaded.

Strangest update since I got the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
Does he ever drive near a Service Center? I don’t know if still true but at one point you could patch at some locations by parking in wifi coverage there.

Even earlier it would trigger the car update to newest even without a manual prod by a Tech, but that behavior is gone I think. Now you have to wait for Tesla-side for the car to go into “update ready to download” (be it manual by Tech or selected by Tesla servers).
The only way to get an update at the Service Center is that you have to have an issue with your car and they create a ticket. If you do not have the latest software, you will get the next release. Long time ago, you could connect to the SCS WiFi and get the latest download, not not any more.