Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed with this update that my front USB port no longer charges my phone. Also the Sentry button on the top right disappears when you put the car in drive. I can no longer save videos while driving. Sentry still works while parked. Has anyone noticed this?

No Reason for Sentry to be active during a drive.... As long as the Dashcar icon is there and it shows the red recording notifier, you should be good.... Dashcam records during drive events.... If there is something you need saved during the drive, you just push the Dashcam icon and it saves the last 10 minutes of recording....

I believe that Sentry should only appear while the car is in park....

Reactions: radiocycle
No Reason for Sentry to be active during a drive.... As long as the Dashcar icon is there and it shows the red recording notifier, you should be good.... Dashcam records during drive events.... If there is something you need saved during the drive, you just push the Dashcam icon and it saves the last 10 minutes of recording....

I’m using the terminology incorrectly. The dashcam button isn’t there while driving.

Reactions: SammichLover
There's some kind of weird behavior with the USB ports in general - I think they're tweaking how they work or something. playing music from USB has gotten better and worse over the last 4 updates, different things have been broken/fixed in each. Currently the system seems to be forgetting where it is much more often after a power cycle - something they fixed back in March, but now it's back. A few days ago it was locking up during playback - you'd have to pull the drive and reinsert to get it working.

• Informative
I just got in the car ready to reboot it. Saw the Sentry/dashcam button on the screen and just hit it and it “turned it on”. I’ve never had to do this before the update but it’s working as normal now.
Is there a new setting option on this behavior now, maybe?

One thing that Tesla CS has advised me on in the past that doing a 3 minute shutdown reboot after a patch is advisable as sometimes a patch event will put your car in a system state that creates odd behaviors. Your car will eventually go into that state overnight at some point anyway, but if you do the 3 minute shutdown it'll get there right away to clear the system state.

What happens if you roll up outside and connect to the public facing WiFi? I haven't tested new ability to see updates are ready to download, the car won't be able to initiate the download?

Or is the local SC unusual in having a public facing WiFi exposed, separate from the internal one that I assume the Techs are using?
This used to work several years ago, but recently you need a service order for using the SC WiFi to auto queue you for a firmware update. Def not so nowadays that you can just drive up and have it help you. Implemented just to get us out of the parking lots. :D

This used to work several years ago, but recently you need a service order for using the SC WiFi to auto queue you for a firmware update. Def not so nowadays that you can just drive up and have it help you. Implemented just to get us out of the parking lots. :D
You're describing the part I said didn't work anymore. But the public wifi you can log into, it won't allow a download like your wifi from home? Or is the local SC unusual in that it has a public wifi channel, also?

You're describing the part I said didn't work anymore. But the public wifi you can log into, it won't allow a download like your wifi from home? Or is the local SC unusual in that it has a public wifi channel, also?
Ah, my bad, most SCs have a user Wifi, didn’t get what you mean. That wouldn’t provide any advantage, except for those that don’t have wifi at all available at home, etc.

At my SC, Tyson’s, you def can’t park there. Even if coming in to talk to sales people, they request to valet your car away to the back area since front parking is so limited.

I’ve never checked to see that the public wifi is accessible outside the user waiting area, have to check next time!

I wish they were more forthcoming with what bugs they fix with these updates. But it seems they’d rather we not know just how buggy things really are.
It is more-so "don't confuse the general public with technical detail stuff they haven't a chance in hell of comprehending, and mostly don't care about anyway".

Having moved from Microsoft Windows (and a career programming right down to the bare metal in it) to OS X, I long ago made my peace with this approach of very minimalistic update notes.

It is more-so "don't confuse the general public with technical detail stuff they haven't a chance in hell of comprehending, and mostly don't care about anyway".

Having moved from Microsoft Windows (and a career programming right down to the bare metal in it) to OS X, I long ago made my peace with this approach of very minimalistic update notes.

Agreed. But throw us a bone or something. lol

Completely agreed. However, I see videos in the SentryClips folder when car is driving so maybe it’s a bug?

Completely agreed. However, I see videos in the SentryClips folder when car is driving so maybe it’s a bug?
Are those clips within 10 minutes before a Sentry event? Sentry will pull in the last 10 min before a Sentry event, so that could explain it. Now if you have driving clips that couldn’t be related to sentry, something is wrong.

Reactions: youngmcdonald
There's some kind of weird behavior with the USB ports in general - I think they're tweaking how they work or something. playing music from USB has gotten better and worse over the last 4 updates, different things have been broken/fixed in each. Currently the system seems to be forgetting where it is much more often after a power cycle - something they fixed back in March, but now it's back. A few days ago it was locking up during playback - you'd have to pull the drive and reinsert to get it working.
Agreed, re front USB port funkiness. My Echo Auto and game pads struggle with this.

What happens if you roll up outside and connect to the public facing WiFi? I haven't tested new ability to see updates are ready to download, the car won't be able to initiate the download?

Or is the local SC unusual in having a public facing WiFi exposed, separate from the internal one that I assume the Techs are using?
Since I cannot have WiFi in my parking garage and public WiFi that will connect to a Tesla is uncommon in my area my solution is to connect to TeslaGuest at my local Tesla store after they close/before they open. That has worked quite well, albeit slightly irritating to sit in my car during all the clicks, hisses and hums that attend an update. Of course my local Tesla store is a three minute drive from my abode...

• Informative