Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I had my first opportunity to drive and test .32.12.2.,there are a number of distinct improvements I note:
1. When driving on autopilot the acceleration/deceleration is much smoother than it was previously.
2. When on autopilot after stopping at traffic lights there is minimal delay in resuming, quite similar to normal human reactions.
3. Lane keeping in heavy traffic (US1 in South Miami) is now, for the first time, smooth and not unduly flustered by rush hour impediments.
4. Lane changes on autopilot are smooth and consistent, much as if a human were performing the action.

These four items were so apparent that my SO, a passenger, asked me why I was not using the autopilot. For the first time this functionality seems good enough for normal daily use without apology.

I am very curious to know if other people are experiencing comparable improvements.

Today I had my first opportunity to drive and test .32.12.2.,there are a number of distinct improvements I note:
1. When driving on autopilot the acceleration/deceleration is much smoother than it was previously.
2. When on autopilot after stopping at traffic lights there is minimal delay in resuming, quite similar to normal human reactions.
3. Lane keeping in heavy traffic (US1 in South Miami) is now, for the first time, smooth and not unduly flustered by rush hour impediments.
4. Lane changes on autopilot are smooth and consistent, much as if a human were performing the action.

These four items were so apparent that my SO, a passenger, asked me why I was not using the autopilot. For the first time this functionality seems good enough for normal daily use without apology.

I am very curious to know if other people are experiencing comparable improvements.

compared to what prior version?

A lot of this is general v10 but gets better with each release. For the first time I don’t need to stomp on the pedal to get away from a light or to keep up with traffic on AP.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Uh, I just came out of the grocery store and went to use Come To Me, first time to use Advanced Summon since I updated I believe (because it is just a novelty, and I happened to be in a playful mood). It wasn't there in the app! Walked over to the car (like a savage!) and got in on the hunch they added an option that got turned off or something. Turns out 12.2 added a distance setting and defaulted it to 25 ft range (nearly an order of magnitude shorter, right?), and it can only be raised to maximum 40 ft. Boooooooooo!

P.S. It also still appears to have the a serious issue that it doesn't want to pull out of a parking spot, like civilized Tesla owners do. Rather it wants to back out, and is all sorts of confused that there's another vehicle parked behind it that it starts trying to back towards and work around or something? WTF Tesla engineers? "Back in to GTFO" is not just a pithy saying, it is way of life and the future. :p

how exciting all these shotgun updates every other day... really wish they did it every day to give such a sense of progress ;)

on a serious note is there rhyme or reason about how bluetooth re-connects when you get in the car? i have an ipod touch connected over bluetooth and on a wireless charger pad and it seems pretty random how it acts from drive to drive. sometimes it starts playing as soon as i open the door to get in and then shuts off when i put it in reverse and then either eventually starts up again a minute later or says to select music on the player (which is terrible annoying). Sometimes it is off when i get in and fires up within 5-10 sec and just works. It seems entirely random how it works. wondering if the entry audio before it shuts off is just emptying a buffer it had from when the car shut down or does it intentionally jack up the connection after you get in? older firmware (6+ mos ago) used to just work as you would expect and somewhere along the way it got all janky.

Is it really true that Smart Summon is limited to a max of 40 feet now?! I though 200’ was lame as in the real world (like Costco or any large food chain parking lot), 200’ seems less that what has been advertised on the Tesla FSD ordering page since early spring, “Really”! @diplomat33 - say it isn’t so!

Ah thanks. Saw you tag someone else so was looking for that post.
I don’t have it yet, so can’t confirm. I could see Come to Me being reduced l, hopefully not pin drop.
Yes, I tagged a member (@diplomat33 ) who tends to keep current on all developments. I’ve been largely away from the forum for the past week or so and haven’t kept up on all the posts as I normally would.

Reactions: diplomat33
Uh, I just came out of the grocery store and went to use Come To Me, first time to use Advanced Summon since I updated I believe (because it is just a novelty, and I happened to be in a playful mood). It wasn't there in the app! Walked over to the car (like a savage!) and got in on the hunch they added an option that got turned off or something. Turns out 12.2 added a distance setting and defaulted it to 25 ft range (nearly an order of magnitude shorter, right?), and it can only be raised to maximum 40 ft. Boooooooooo!

P.S. It also still appears to have the a serious issue that it doesn't want to pull out of a parking spot, like civilized Tesla owners do. Rather it wants to back out, and is all sorts of confused that there's another vehicle parked behind it that it starts trying to back towards and work around or something? WTF Tesla engineers? "Back in to GTFO" is not just a pithy saying, it is way of life and the future. :p

I assume this is the option for the regular Summon (which may be slightly greater than before - I assume I had it maxed out previously at 30 feet but was able to increase it to 40 feet with this release). I didn't see that option for Smart Summon.

Last edited:
Is it really true that Smart Summon is limited to a max of 40 feet now?! I though 200’ was lame as in the real world (like Costco or any large food chain parking lot), 200’ seems less that what has been advertised on the Tesla FSD ordering page since early spring, “Really”! @diplomat33 - say it isn’t so!

I don't think it is true. It is still showing 200 ft on my phone when I go to the smart summon map on the app.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
My M3 is going crazy with this new update. It is ping ponging when changing lane on autopilot. Did a reset with the brakes and nipples. Hope it's better tomorrow.

This.

In my case, the following took place twice at the same spot on NOAP.

There were two lanes taking the same exit (rightmost is the exit only lane and the other exit or continue lane to its left). I typically stay in the left lane for the next maneuver. The car nagged me to change lanes to get into the exit only lane - I understand that part so I let it.

However, once on the exit ramp curve, it somehow tried to change to the left lane again. I thought that it is being smart given it understands the next maneuver so I let it. That’s when it swerved to the left and canceled the change and violently returned to the original lane while weirdly applying brakes at some point. Thankfully no one was behind or next to me.

Double lane exit ramp behavior = fail.

I really don’t want to bash this innovative company for collecting data via neural network of drivers to improvise the features but what they are releasing step by step is downright dangerous in many cases.

Please be extremely careful when testing or using the feature - it’s definitely not going to be out of beta for at least a decade.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Can't you guys go park at a McDonald's or Starbucks or somewhere like that with free WiFi? PITA but better than no updates or burning through your data plans...
Good idea, but I guess you would have to eat about 16 hamburgers before it finishes :D Those places up here really limit the data to being almost useless for anything like that, but maybe it is just here.

12.2 finally made auto lane change semi-usable. It’s a lot more aggressive now and make lane changes it wouldn’t do in the past, but it’s still slower than an experienced human driver.

I always test auto lane change after each update and this update made a huge improvement. Can’t wait until Nov to see what the next update feels like.

My M3 is going crazy with this new update. It is ping ponging when changing lane on autopilot. Did a reset with the brakes and nipples. Hope it's better tomorrow.

I have been having similar issue since update to V10. Autopilot bounces around in a one in the highway. Sometimes very hard which is frightening. This is a video I took during one of the incidents. It’s even more frightening sitting in the car while it bounces around.
iCloud