Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having similar issue since update to V10. Autopilot bounces around in a one in the highway. Sometimes very hard which is frightening. This is a video I took during one of the incidents. It’s even more frightening sitting in the car while it bounces around.
iCloud

I think you should schedule a service appointment. That is not normal AP behavior. My AP is rock solid in the center.

Reactions: SammichLover
My M3 is going crazy with this new update. It is ping ponging when changing lane on autopilot. Did a reset with the brakes and nipples. Hope it's better tomorrow.

same here ! And NoA has quit on me a couple times. Before the v10 update it worked great. I’ve had about 3-4 updates since v10. Just got a new one today so will go test it out when I can

I assume this is the option for the regular Summon (which may be slightly greater than before - I assume I had it maxed out previously at 30 feet but was able to increase it to 40 feet with this release). I didn't see that option for Smart Summon.
Come To Me button is what I was trying to use, which had a lot longer range before. My first attempt, where it didn’t even show up, was only maybe 10 stalls away. Less than that even I think. That is Smart Summon, because it used to pull out (forward) & go around corners, right?

Maybe just a coincidence, and I need to try again?

Edit> When the Come To Me button didn’t show up I went to try go to Summon menu & there was nothing there, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So Come To Me is a different thing, and doesn’t work like holding on the car avatar in Summon page?

Last edited:
[

Can't you guys go park at a McDonald's or Starbucks or somewhere like that with free WiFi? PITA but better than no updates or burning through your data plans...
The local McDonalds & Starbucks here require you to go through a webpage login for the wifi. Can the 3 do that? I’ve never used the browser, but maybe after connecting to the wifi channel you can enable the connection via going to the browser?

The throttling that is typical on those public assess points though would make it truly brutal.

Uh, I just came out of the grocery store and went to use Come To Me, first time to use Advanced Summon since I updated I believe (because it is just a novelty, and I happened to be in a playful mood). It wasn't there in the app! Walked over to the car (like a savage!) and got in on the hunch they added an option that got turned off or something. Turns out 12.2 added a distance setting and defaulted it to 25 ft range (nearly an order of magnitude shorter, right?), and it can only be raised to maximum 40 ft. Boooooooooo!

P.S. It also still appears to have the a serious issue that it doesn't want to pull out of a parking spot, like civilized Tesla owners do. Rather it wants to back out, and is all sorts of confused that there's another vehicle parked behind it that it starts trying to back towards and work around or something? WTF Tesla engineers? "Back in to GTFO" is not just a pithy saying, it is way of life and the future. :p

I tried advance summon a week ago (software version prior to 12.1), The distance is about 100 ft or more.... The car would move out from front when the car was parked with back in. The was a pedestrian side walk at the rear end. And also tried with the car parked straight in, the car would back out as most people thought.

I think I detect an improvement in the Auto High Beams, though it may have come in a previous release. When I got my car a couple of months ago, I tried the auto high beams and found it unreliable. Last night I decided to turn it on and it seems much better.
Unreliable in what way? The only issue I’ve ever seen with them is a bit over sensitive in turning to low beams when in the presence of a lot of roadside reflectors.

Reactions: nepenthe
The auto high beams have been a disaster here as well. Very often turned on when driving behind someone from a short distance, many times randomly staying on when clearly blinding people in the other direction, and very often high beams turn on when its really not that dark at all. Have turned it off for this reason as well, but will definety try again with v10.

Reactions: radiocycle
I have been having similar issue since update to V10. Autopilot bounces around in a one in the highway. Sometimes very hard which is frightening. This is a video I took during one of the incidents. It’s even more frightening sitting in the car while it bounces around.
iCloud

my brand new M3 with HW3 is bounding back between lanes when on AP. It likes right lane more for some reason.
I am on 32.12.2. Link video here

Are you on HW3 as well?

Last edited:
The auto high beams have been a disaster here as well. Very often turned on when driving behind someone from a short distance, many times randomly staying on when clearly blinding people in the other direction, and very often high beams turn on when its really not that dark at all. Have turned it off for this reason as well, but will definety try again with v10.
I have literally never seen any of that behavior over my year of ownership. It’s been very solid and “erring” only slightly in the other direction, as I mention above. I wonder what’s up with yours?

I don’t even recall anyone mentioning that on here before now, and it seems so out there that I expect I’d remember if I had.

Mine are like watching a rave...on/off/on/off/on/off wow

I have literally never seen any of that behavior over my year of ownership. It’s been very solid and “erring” only slightly in the other direction, as I mention above. I wonder what’s up with yours?

I don’t even recall anyone mentioning that on here before now, and it seems so out there that I expect I’d remember if I had.

They seem really good to me, though have not tried them with the new software. Much, much better than the Toyota Highlander 2017 which is routinely confused by reflective street signs.

I have an ipod touch over bluetooth for music and in a wireless charger case on the tesla wireless charger base. since the v10 updates it is continually starting and stopping charging every 60 seconds or so which is really annoying since the ipod makes a chime sound every time charging begins and the display comes out of sleep and turns on, only to sleep again 30 seconds later and chime and wake again after 30 more. Anyone else have this cyclic charging going on wirelessly?

Since v10 my car often fails to wake from sleep while trying to access it from the app or TeslaFi in the morning. Of course now that I need to access the pre-conditioning nothing connects. Should remain like this for the rest of winter no doubt.