TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

v10 Vent?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CFrolander, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

So I got v10 on both my Model 3 and my Model X. On my model 3 I can vent and close the windows no problem. On the model X, I can vent the windows just fine but It warns me "If you vent the windows you won't be able to close them without doing it from inside the car" or something like that. Sure enough, I vent them, and I'm unable to close them.

Any info regarding this? I'm wondering why the model 3 can open and close, but the model X isn't able to close the windows. This is a Raven Model X.

• Informative x 2
  2. spectrum

spectrum Member

Yeah! Just saw this. What gives? That’s so stupid.

3. scottme

scottme New Member

That’s weird. Should allow open and close at the same time. Let’s hope a later update would fix this.

Well.. my S (June 2018 MCU2 AP2.5) doesn’t even have the option to vent after upgrading to 2019.32.10.2. :(
    Probably because the required hardware isn’t there.

• Informative x 1
  4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Model 3 has extra hardware to prevent injuries from closing the windows on people. Maybe using the interior camera?

The Tesla blog only mentions it being for the Model 3 and Model X.

• Informative x 1
  5. arathald

arathald Member

Oh, good call, that makes some sense. I'd expect it more to be a sensor in the window than the camera, but I bet some safety concern like that is what's going on here.

6. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Rocket Scientist

Makes no sense that the S can’t vent though.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  7. arathald

arathald Member

It very well may. It may not have the capability of controlling the windows from the MCU.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. detdds

detdds Member

I can vent my model X but can’t close windows.

• Informative x 1
  9. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

You can control the X’s windows from the MCU?

The sentiment is that this has something to with pince sensors but I thought all of them had this and that the S had window control several years ago. Definitely confusing here.

On a par with the walk away lock honk which I tweeted at Elon about for months and then the X got it and not the S. (Not saying I caused but still, WTF, why one and not the others. Auto lock is auto lock. Horn is a horn...)

10. davezforce

davezforce IG @davezforce

Model X windows can be rolled up remotely. I have the Remote Tesla App installed (Formerly Remote S) along with vent windows it has a close windows button. I verified on my Raven X and the windows do close. So Tesla’s app is limiting us from closing them not the car itself.

• Informative x 1
  11. Alex D

Alex D Member

Same on my Dashboard app for Android. I can vent and close the windows on my MX. I'm sure, Tesla will update this feature on their app soon, too.

• Like x 1
  12. beast53568

beast53568 Member

Can anyone confirm this on the iPhone version of remote? Also if so where is the button to roll up windows

13. davezforce

davezforce IG @davezforce

Only works with 3rd party apps. Like (Remote Tesla).

Attached Files: