Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v10 Vent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got v10 on both my Model 3 and my Model X. On my model 3 I can vent and close the windows no problem. On the model X, I can vent the windows just fine but It warns me "If you vent the windows you won't be able to close them without doing it from inside the car" or something like that. Sure enough, I vent them, and I'm unable to close them.

Any info regarding this? I'm wondering why the model 3 can open and close, but the model X isn't able to close the windows. This is a Raven Model X.

That’s weird. Should allow open and close at the same time. Let’s hope a later update would fix this.

Well.. my S (June 2018 MCU2 AP2.5) doesn’t even have the option to vent after upgrading to 2019.32.10.2. :(
Probably because the required hardware isn’t there.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Any info regarding this? I'm wondering why the model 3 can open and close, but the model X isn't able to close the windows. This is a Raven Model X.

I wonder if the Model 3 has extra hardware to prevent injuries from closing the windows on people. Maybe using the interior camera?

Well.. my S (June 2018 MCU2 AP2.5) doesn’t even have the option to vent after upgrading to 2019.32.10.2. :(
Probably because the required hardware isn’t there.

The Tesla blog only mentions it being for the Model 3 and Model X.

• Informative
It very well may. It may not have the capability of controlling the windows from the MCU.
You can control the X’s windows from the MCU?

The sentiment is that this has something to with pince sensors but I thought all of them had this and that the S had window control several years ago. Definitely confusing here.

On a par with the walk away lock honk which I tweeted at Elon about for months and then the X got it and not the S. (Not saying I caused but still, WTF, why one and not the others. Auto lock is auto lock. Horn is a horn...)

Model X windows can be rolled up remotely. I have the Remote Tesla App installed (Formerly Remote S) along with vent windows it has a close windows button. I verified on my Raven X and the windows do close. So Tesla’s app is limiting us from closing them not the car itself.

• Informative
Model X windows can be rolled up remotely. I have the Remote Tesla App installed (Formerly Remote S) along with vent windows it has a close windows button. I verified on my Raven X and the windows do close. So Tesla’s app is limiting us from closing them not the car itself.
Same on my Dashboard app for Android. I can vent and close the windows on my MX. I'm sure, Tesla will update this feature on their app soon, too.

Reactions: davezforce
Can anyone confirm this on the iPhone version of remote? Also if so where is the button to roll up windows
Only works with 3rd party apps. Like (Remote Tesla).

Attachments

• B611BF9A-2519-4A58-BA4E-BDE630661083.png
    B611BF9A-2519-4A58-BA4E-BDE630661083.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 101