Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 backup camera laggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the same issue since the 2020 Xmas update. It's literally in the shop for the issue right now and they told me it was an issue with the latest firmware. Fighting them about it now as having a defective backup camera and/or MCU (the audio studders along with the camera freezing) is a safety liability when backing up.
You’re probably wasting their time. They’re just gonna park your car at the shop until a software fix is released

Reactions: 101dals
Same problem here (2021 MYLR) with backup camera since sometime in December. Basically I can't trust what I'm seeing. Had scheduled service but now today service says it's a software issue that will be corrected "within the coming weeks". This is a SAFETY issue. I'm really frustrated and disappointed that Tesla is being so cavalier about this issue.

I just noticed the problem yesterday. Maybe it has been there ever since the v11 update, but I was so annoyed by the other interface changes that I didn't pay attention to the camera image lag until now. It seems to be worse for the main rear view image than they side rear cameras.

I have the same problem, and mine is a 2021 Model 3. Every time I back up there is temporary freezing and dropped frames. This on top of all the other bugs and usability issues on V11. This release should never have seen the light of day in its current state. One of the things about Tesla that I was sold on was the idea of OTA updates "making the car better over time." Now I just wait for the next update to fix the new things that are wrong in the latest one.

I have the same problem, and mine is a 2021 Model 3. Every time I back up there is temporary freezing and dropped frames. This on top of all the other bugs and usability issues on V11. This release should never have seen the light of day in its current state. One of the things about Tesla that I was sold on was the idea of OTA updates "making the car better over time." Now I just wait for the next update to fix the new things that are wrong in the latest one.
The fanboys were clamoring for the Christmas release, and Elon was probably hectoring the software engineers to get the update out on time (rather than being properly tested.)

Mine skips / drops some frames when I quickly get in the car and back up right away. Otherwise, it's reliable again after 5 seconds... no biggie
Naw huge issue - enough time for one to back into an object, bollard, pylon or wall. Mediocrity is not acceptable in a premium vehicle, and since backup safety systems are mandated in the US, probably a recall issue if not addressed.